-ˋˏ ༻❁ TWENTY-ONE❁༺ ˎˊ-

𝑻𝒉𝒆 𝒔𝒕𝒐𝒓𝒚 𝒐𝒇 𝒖𝒔:

𝑻𝒉𝒆 𝒔𝒕𝒐𝒓𝒚 𝒐𝒇 𝒖𝒔:

𝓜𝓲𝓷𝓜𝓲𝓷

Something about tonight was very pleasing to Minrae.

Even with a stomach-wrenching thrill ripping her usual composure to shreds of worry, she still found the fleeting moonlight admirable and the golden stardust splendid. The unbearable pressure to find Jaemin faded in the euphoria of witnessing the most gorgeous night sky.

Truth is she never got to enjoy night walks in the past two years. After the sun sets, her fear rises, and her guard ascends. She can never go home alone, which is why her brother Yeonjun, her cousin Beomgyu or her mother always picked her up. To them, this trauma is unexplainable and stupid. But ignoring her request is hard, especially when she arrives at home, lips blue, body trembling, eyes glistening if one of them isn't here.

The first time-also the last- Yeonjun tried to prank her and ditch her during her first year at SSUS, she walked home thinking she was marching a path to insanity. The weightful stares never quit her and the terrifying footsteps echoed in her mind. The worst part of it was when he laughed, a dirty low chuckle before promising in a rich tone that one day she will be his. Thankfully, she was able to escape meeting his eyes with a quick sprint. When she arrived, Yeonjun met her at the door, mocking her. Beomgyu was there too, glaring at his older cousin. "See, nothing happened- Minrae?! What the heck?!"

She cried and cried and cried until there were no tears left. Yeonjun apologized and apologized and apologized until he promised to never do it again. Beomgyu comforted and comforted and comforted until he made sure she was asleep. The two were disappointed when she lied and said she got scared because she saw a fight occurring, because "Bloody Hell, Minrae! You neek! You do realize no one will dare mess with you? We are here. Getting scared of a fight? That's literally so stupid." But a promise was a promise and Yeonjun has regulated his schedule so he can always be here if she needs him.

Tonight was different. She had taken an unfamiliar path Chohee pointed when she shared Jaemin's location with her. "It's a shortcut no one really knows about except SSUS students. Don't worry, it's very safe and has CCTVs." For that, she felt courageous-More like, she was fueled by her anger towards Jaemin-and forgot about her stalker for a hot minute.

When she remembered him, it was too late. She had fallen in love with the mysterious stars and the marvelous moon. Minrae checked her surroundings and lied to herself that it was harmless here. Even when most of her wanted to find Jaemin and finish this story of stupid form that he didn't fill so she can go home and cuddle Aera-whom she had here in the stroller Jaemin gave her-to sleep, a part of her longed for this quiet stroll. The icy wind caressed her hair warmly, and the scary shadows kept her lovely company.

Elation and melancholia filled her heart, the worries washed away as a serene quietude echoed. The night was beautiful and long, the universe pitied her for once, so the sky wore its darkest color, and the stars emitted the brightest light for her to watch. When will she have the chance to see this beautiful landscape again during these dead hours?