✿ ELEVEN YANGYANG'S SON ✿

The chilly night offered a beautiful fine wind blow to lighten up the mood of the stressed college students struggling with their assignments a little before midnight

The chilly night offered a beautiful fine wind blow to lighten up the mood of the stressed college students struggling with their assignments a little before midnight. Thanks to the bright moonlight, darkness didn't dominate over the huge buildings of Simon Says University nor did it devour the broad paths of it.

Chohee's steps took her on a stroll around campus, her heart happened to be too heavy, filled by self-blaming and hate towards the rash her. Her insecurities eating her up, the girl needed time alone.

After they came back from EXO's, Chohee waited for Chenle to appear. A call, a text, a sign... yet nothing. She could swear she had seen him get in the car with Jeno and Jisung, yet when the van transporting these three stopped in front of the school at seven p.m, no traces of him. She didn't ask Jeno as he hurried somewhere, so she stood there, with the slight hope that Chenle will remember their project together and think of the form they had to fill.

It was now eleven something and she was preparing herself mentally to get kicked out of the project. It saddened her, but her insecurities howled it was her to blame. Maybe if she wasn't a chicken and approached him a little earlier, this would've never happened. Maybe if she wasn't self-conscious all the time by the fear of overwhelming others with her energy, she would've submitted her form like any of her friends.

Somehow, her steps took her to the huge soccer field. She never knew it was lit by the huge LED floodlights. She snickered to herself as she climbed the small steps until the benches. Maybe is it because she's a first-year student, and she always thought the field wouldn't have any lights. Gazing at the space in front of her, Chohee ignored her fears of being alone, and the ghost stories she heard of supernatural impossibilities happening at night, plus the endless instances of getting jumped or kidnapped because goddamn, South Korea at night, or anywhere in the world for the matter, has never been safe for women. Relatively joyful, half sad, she enjoyed the beauty of an unusual scintillating February night.

"Jung Chohee?"

The girl jumped when hearing her name, almost falling. The source of the voice jumped to their feet, jogging to where the girl kneeled to avoid tripping. Did a serial killer with a soft voice penetrate their university?

"Chocho, I'm sorry for scaring you!"

"Ch- Chenle?"

A smile lit up his face, his eyes growing relatively small. "That's me."

A faint rustle escaped her soft lips from the relief wrapping her body. Not only was she more reassured with him being around, but she was also happy he was there, safe and healthy. "Are you okay?"

"It should be me asking you that, I think I scared you just now," He helped her stand up.

"I looked for you," she whispered. "Everywhere. And I was mad. Because I couldn't find you."

The breaks in her timbre hurt his heart, her adorable demeanor urging him to protect her presence. "I'm sorry. I promise I will be a better father."