✿ SIX ✿

"Jeong Ryujin

"Jeong Ryujin."

A deep shiver traveled down her spine, shaking her core to dimensions of an immense scare.

She tried to reject the uneasy feeling eating her inside, her first instinct being to grab a small pillow from next to her to seek comfort.

"Yes?"

"Why would you be in a project that requires you interacting with an unknown man?"

"It's a school pro—"

"A fucking school project? Do I look dumb to you?"

She flinched at the sudden rise in his voice, squeezing the pillow closer. This chaos has resulted from her telling him she had a school project with a certain boy only. How would he react if she told him about the baby?

"What are you? Sixteen? A hormonal dumbass teen for participating in a school project?" Seoho screamed. "I know you, Ryujin, and I know you well. You won't agree to a project if you aren't benefiting something? What did you find? Is the guy handsome? Are you trying to replace me with him? I can see through you, Jeong Ryujin."

"I—"

He stood up, and her legs tensed. She bit her lower lip, and attention drifted on his white knuckles. He won't hurt her. He can't. Right? "Look here, you little—" He cut himself with a sigh. "—Ryujin, all men are trash. Except me."

Her mind soaked in the lies, and her heart missed a beat. Was it out of fright or out of love? The only thing Ryujin knew was she wanted to get out of here.

"After all, I've done to you, and you want to go to another man?"

What have you ever done to me? Her eyes fell to the ground. "I'm sorry."

"As you should be." He snickered. "Ever since we've gotten together, I sacrificed my time to protect you, love you, and make sure you don't get hurt."

But you hurt me. Her pupils shook, the floor became blurry. "Thank you."

"Really, Ryujin? Are you thankful, though?" He grabbed a plushie from his shelf -the one she won for him in the arcade during their first anniversary- and threw it to the ground, kicking it with all his force.

Ryujin closed her eyes. She hated violence. She couldn't take seeing someone she loved doing horrible things. But what can she do? Try to stop him? She'll get injured herself.

She was just grateful she chose to sit on the sofa. Who knows what would've happened if she was next to him?

"Seoho, I can—"

"Look here, you filthy bitch, it's either you drop out, or I will make you."

"But—"

The sound of the vase shuttering against the cold hard ground shut her up. Her hands flew to protect her head, her survival instinct awakening harshly. She needs to get out of here.