🌨🥮🌨🥮🌨PART 24🌨🥮🌨🥮🌨

ITS NOT ABOUT FORCING HAPPINESS
ITS ABOUT LETTING THE SADNESS WIN ✨🌹

Khadijah POV
4:10am
I couldn't sleep,i was deep in my thoughts.This wasn't something little. Its huge!
Everywhere was silent, I wasn't scared of the dark anymore but one thing that makes me shiver is the sound of an owl. Some say it's a bad omen although I linked the sound of an owl passing at night like some sort of signal that someone is about to die.
Well,atleast that's what happens everytime I hear the sound. Some weeks later, someone dies.

The sleep I have been craving for,I was completely restless.
I opened my phone, switched on my mobile data and logged into Instagram. Maybe that will get my mind off things.
I was still scrolling through memes when I came across a particular Islamic quote about Tahajjud. How Allah(swt) comes down every night to answer his slaves prayers.

"I can't just let my night waste like this" I muttered to myself.

I sat on my bed, switched on the side lamp,scratched my itching left eye.

"Time to pray!" I mentioned as I got out of bed.

In no time, I performed ablution and found myself praying Tahajjud, for its an arrow that doesn't miss its target plus instead of wasting this precious night feeling miserable I rather be in sujood crying my heart to my Lord who comes down every 1/3 of the night.

After praying six Raka'at, i sat down on my prayer mat, recited my favorite Surah, suratul Mutafifeen. After reciting, I felt calm. I wanted to utter some duas but started sobbing silently,my heart felt heavy.
I couldn't utter what I wanted to. So, I let my heavy heart and tears do the talking.

Soon it was time for Fajr as the Adhan from the  nearby masjid can be heard.
I was still wide awake,waited for some minutes before I stood up to pray Fajr.
After praying, I supplicated and soon slept off.

************************
God knows for how long I slept, I woke up with an aching rib, that's what I get for sleeping on one side and also on the bare ground.

I yawned, stretched my arms in the air as I stood up. Headed to the dressing mirror to observe my face. I noticed how my dark circles and cheekbones were becoming visible.

For now, I don't know if I should talk to Ikram or ignore her but then how can ignore my sister. I can't do that! Silent treatment is harsh!

"Uh-huh! Yet that's what you have been doing" my subconscious mind uttered.

Morning routine was done as usual! Went downstairs for breakfast but didn't have an appetite for what was cooked. I sauntered into the kitchen to grab some Maryland chic-choc cookies and a ceeda yoghurt from the freezer.Not healthy nibbles to have for the most important meal of the day with but it's better than skipping the most important meal of the day. Right?

I wasn't in the mood to speak to anyone today! So, I went outside and sat down on the stairs.

"Ahhh! I could really use my shades now cuz the sun rays were gleaming" I ranted.

"So, Adam could actually do this to me? Oh,wow! I will have a word with him later in the day. I shrug off the thought. For now, I have to enjoy this chow.

I had a slight tap on my shoulder. Looking up, I saw Ikram,her face....her face was looking upset. It doesn't look bright-eyed,it was dull and the aura wasn't bright at all.

I felt pity. I didn't understand what I was doing but even though I really wanted to forgive and listen to her. I find myself giving her the silent treatment.