Reminiscence

Cathryn shut the door behind him with such force, unlike her gentle nature. She swiftly pulled Clair into her, aching for his touch. He laughed against her cheekbone, his hot breath raising her pulse. It felt glorious to be back with him again, alone like this.

"You do remember that one night?" Cathryn whispered against him.

It had felt like ages ago, but it had happened. And she remembered it oh so clearly, it pained her sometimes. She almost wished to forget it. She brushed Clair's hair out of his eyes, a mother like gesture, but quite natural for her, as she awaited his answer.

"Of course I do Cathryn." He muttered, looking anywhere but her helpless eyes.

She batted her droopy eyelashes, demanding his attention, unintentionally. Clair willed himself to keep his eyes away. Cathryn reached out slowly for his wrist, taking it in her hand. She placed it on her waist, and he reluctantly looked towards her. Regretting it every second he now gazed at her.

Her porcelain skin. Beautiful lips. Rosy cheeks, even now at night. He felt over dressed, next to her in her sheer night clothes, the breeze coming in making them sway. He drew his hand up to run it over her collarbone.

"I would never forget it." Clair added with a hoarse whisper.

She giggled at him, making his heart split in two.

"Clair-" She began in her clear sweet voice.

It was all too much for him, he pulled her in, wrapping his arms tightly around her. He raised his hand to the back of her head where he smoothed her locks down.

"Cathryn." He exhaled longingly.

He felt her pulse quicken.

"You know,-" He started, his voice failing him.

"Shh, nobody is here Clair." She soothed him, her voice always having the power to calm him down.

"It- it doesn't matter Cathryn." He stammered, pulling away from her grasp, regretting pulling her in.

She looked at him, her big helpless eyes staring into his. He set his jaw, and tried not to let tears prick at his eyes.

"Clair please-" She pleaded.

"No." He answered firmly, taking a step back from her and fleeing the room.

Clair shut her door and stood outside for a moment, breathing heavily. He gathered his wits and reluctantly began taking small agonizing steps back towards his room. He could hear her muffled sobs with every step, his own breath hitching at the sound.