Unraveling

"Ruby." Florence squeaked as he gently tucked a lock of hair behind her ear. It had gotten rather messy during their ordeal in the grass. Now they stood righted on the cobblestone pathway which ran through the gardens.

"Yes, amour?"

"Yes, love?"

She tensed at the pet name.

Avoiding his gaze she whispered, "Why did you do that?"

"You mean Cathryn?" He questioned back with a rueful smile.

Florence nodded nervously.

"I fear it's a long and terrible tale, but let me put it like this my dear Florence," He tasted his words before her decided, "It was much needed."

"I don't understand." She whimpered at him.

"I'm not sure I'm ready to explain everything in great detail, but-" He began.

"No. You don't have to explain anything." Florence sputtered out frantically.

"I wasn't feeling pressured to." Ruby let her know with a small chuckle.

"It's just-" She began once more.

"Kiss me again." Ruby demanded at once.

"I- what? Again?" She stuttered.

Ruby dropped his gaze to stare her directly in her eyes.

"Tell me if you want to." He asked seductively.

She was undone completely. "I do. Oh, of course I do."

"Then kiss me." Ruby shot back with a growl.

"But here?" Florence's eyes shot back and forth nervously.

"Where else would you prefer to be?"

"Alone." She murmured, barely able to hold herself together all pressed up to him like this.

He slipped his arm into the crook of hers and led her hurriedly through the garden. He didn't announce where they were headed. The two stayed stiff and silent, barely managing to keep themselves from grabbing at each other as they passed the guests. Once they were inside the home, Ruby picked up his pace. Florence did too, eager to be completely alone with him. As he let her up the stairs of the east wing, she pieced it together. Ruby was leading her to his own room. Florence's pulse quickened. She clung to his side, wanting to feel his body against her's once more. As she did so he let out a feverish gasp, and his hands flew to her waist. Before they could get any further, Florence yanked him into his room as to not be out in the hallway. Ruby slammed the door shut behind them. The second it shut, their lips crashed together again.