Little Bit of Florence

Florence couldn't sleep that night. Her mind replayed all the fun she'd had. Ruby's kiss. It was truly so wonderful to have company around, especially company her age. She didn't want any of them to leave anytime soon. Especially not Clair. She recalled the day he'd stumbled into her room by mistake.

"Oh, I'm terribly sorry miss. I must've gotten the wrong room, I could've sworn..." He muttered as he backed out of the doorway.

Florence ached to be with him again. Just the two of them, sifting through his stories. Florence imagined raking her fingers through his soft grain colored hair. The way he'd laugh at her. She remembered just how different it'd been at the book shop. How eager each of them were, and how quickly they discarded the interaction, as if it had never happened. Yet the night with the swimming hole was enough to remind her that it wasn't entirely a dream.

Ruby flashed across her mind and she groaned audibly. He always seemed like such an oddly pleasant distraction. And the way he'd spoken to her earlier was enough to make her shiver. Not to mention how they'd danced. If Florence squeezed her eyes shut she could feel the warmth radiating from Ruby's body against hers. She wanted that again too. His strong hands resting at her waist as the twirled, his dark eyes and handsome voice, all of it.