Clair's Note

One day, when Florence had grown weary from the loss of contact between her and Clair. She tiptoed herself over to the small box located on her nightstand. With wobbly fingers, she unlatched the hinge. Taking a deep breath she drew out the letter. Knowing she was about to unlock vivid memories of her time with him, she unfolded the stained paper. Just the sight of his familiar swoopy lettering brought tears to her eyes. Florence missed being able to visit his old room whenever she pleased. This new home was empty. Sometimes she'd sleep in his old bed even years after he'd left, just to feel something. To convince herself he wasn't just a blissful fantasy. With her heart thumping in her chest, she began to read Clair's note from when they had both been young and in love.

My dear Florence, my love for you is eternal. I love you quite more than I let on. I hope to remember you as I grow old. My heart will ache for you each moment I'm away. It feels like I've already left you, even as I'm writing this in my room here. Today was the cotillion. I fear you made it seem better than it really was. I kept waiting to dance with you, really dance with you. It never happened how I wanted it to, but even as you danced with me on the brink of tears, I loved being with you.

Florence, you lit my world up quite literally. One time I wrote a portion about you, describing you like a small flickering candle always burning and letting out small puffs of energy. From the moment I arrived here to the day I left, you have been my elysian. Remember that word I taught you in the book store? To have someone have the same passion for words as I do was quite exhilarating.

She could practically feel the miraculous rise and fall of his chest beneath her upon remembering their kiss. 

You have something so mesmerizing about you. the way you carry yourself, your demeanor perhaps. I can't quite put my finger on what it is, but all I ask is that you never let anyone take that from you. Your passion your spark for everything and everyone you love, it's incredible. I know this will be different once I'm gone, I assume you'll go back to your normal life once more. I'll write to you, all the time. I'm not sure I'll even be able to stop myself some days.

Oh, how I'll miss you eyes. They were one of the first things I noticed about you. Remember that day in the carriage, when I told you that I could write a book about you? I really could. Your eyes are always big and filled with galaxies and wonders. Your perky nose is quite precious and reminds me of a rabbit. When you're scared, you fidget with your dress, and God, it's adorable. The night downtown, when you held my hand in the street. You're fingers trembled from the cold and you kept our hands pressed between our sides so nobody could see. Those little gestures mean the entire world to me.

Even the first day here, the connection was immediate. I had led you through the gardens as if this was my home. I remember that odd sense of confidence. The night when Ruby arrived, you flung yourself into my arms with no hesitation. You're utterly magical, Florence. Thank you for giving me quite plainly the time of my life. I'll never forget this chapter, visit the swimming hole for me will you? All my love, forever, Clairence.