Mr. and Mrs. Fitzsimmon

"You're evil you know that!" Cathryn teased.

Her husband threw a pinch of flour at her and their three children erupted in giggles from the table. Cathryn Lovell had gone on to marry Sam Fitzsimmon. They very man who'd burst into her room during her stay with the Fawns and stolen her breakfast. Together they lived a happy life in Edinburgh. Sam and Cathryn had three children, although Cathryn remembered her fourth each and every day with a heavy heart. Adelaide, who was only four. Benjamin who was nine. And Abbigail, their first child who was now 12. Abbigail's name held a special place in Cathryn's heart, as did Maylis in Ruby's. Abbigail means, "my father is joyful." So as Maylis reminded Ruby of Cathryn, Abbigail would remind Cathryn of Ruby.

Cathryn Fitzsimmons enjoyed her life. Being a real mother was something she'd always desired but was fearful she could provide. Sam was wonderful and patient with her, allowing her time to reveal her story. Her and her family life a happy life in Edinburgh. Cathryn visited with Clair often, who lived not to far. All of her children had grown to love their uncle, and both Cathryn and Clair had set aside their past a long time ago. Her children would never know, and Cathryn felt that this was for the better.

She often wondered what Ruby was off doing. As well as Florence. Even back then she'd admired the bond the two had, even if she was wary of Ruby. Now, as an adult, she understood their mistakes. She was too rash leaving him with Maylis, and his promises were foolish. Sometimes when Cathryn lay next to Sam at night, the two would converse about their time with the Fawns. The day of the spring cotillion and how they'd both been to shy to ask each other to dance and how they now laugh about it. They made sure to keep those memories alive, even as they grew old. Now they were here. Having a small flour fight as Sam desperately tried to teach Cathryn and their children how to make a very famous scone recipe.