Heavenly Gestures

His fingers grazed over the lace atop her neckline. A severely promiscuous gesture Clair knew he'd regret. He only felt so starved of her, deprived of her touch. Only now they were alone, nobody to alert them that they were unjust. That they should not, could not love each other. He grimaced at the thought of his step father reprimanding him that exact thing. He had tried so hard to fend off his feelings of affection towards Cathryn, but he eventually caved in.

"Clairence." Cathryn exhaled.

His full name, he bit his lip to refrain himself.

"Yes?"

"We're not walking." She teased him.

Clair remembered how she'd proposed that they go for a walk in the gardens. He also knew she was only like this around him. Teasing like this. It made him feel special, wanted.

"Sorry." He pulled away bitterly from their embrace.

"Later." She taunted, pecking his cheek.

He nodded and followed her out of his room. As the passed Florence's door, he couldn't help but wonder what the girl was doing. Reading, he assumed. Clair stumbled over his feet clumsily, resulting in a laugh from Cathryn. Once he regained his bearings, he stared at Florence's door.

"Do you mind if Florence came along?" He couldn't help himself.

Cathryn have him a pitiful look, almost hurt by his suggestion.

"No, not at all." She answered curtly.

Clair moved over and knocked on the tall door. Florence was there in a moment, changed now. He inhaled at the sight of the girl.

"Would you want to, walk with us?" He angled to reveal a dazzling Cathryn behind him.

Florence nodded eagerly, slamming the door shut behind her.

"Perhaps we could even go into town." She suggested happily.

"I'm sure my mother wouldn't mind if we rode the carriage." Florence added.

Cathryn slowed her step a bit. She clutched her arms around her mid-section, making a small squeaky noise. Clair immediately wrapped his arms around her protectively. Florence felt a pang of jealousy.

"Cathryn, are you all right?" He asked, the concern evident in his tone.

"Would you be so kind as to walk me back to my room?" She answered meekly.

"Of course, of course." He muttered.

He hastily pushed her along, leaving Florence dumbfounded in the hall. Clair shoved the door open, both of them tumbling inside Cathryn's room. Before he could sit her down of the bed, she clawed at his lapels, drawing him near. Cathryn let out a quiet shriek as she tripped on her dress, sending them both backwards onto the bed. Clair lay perched on top of her, quite awkwardly. But Cathryn's expression showed she didn't mind.

Clair let out a groan. Cathryn giggled at his response.

"You are a phenomenal actor." He admitted, rolling his eyes at the wonder beneath him.

"Actress." She corrected him, pointedly.

Cathryn pulled the boy in my his collar, so close that his hot breath mingled on her cheek. A grin bloomed on Clair's face. He drew back, taunting her.

"Clairence!" She complained, annoyed with his antics.

"There is still a girl waiting in the hall for me." He drawled out his words playfully.

Cathryn huffed, shoving him off of herself. She stood up, smoothing down her dress. Lifting her chin indignantly, she looked towards Clair.

"I'm sick, and dreadfully tired." She announced, flopping backwards onto the bed.

He nodded, suppressing a chuckle.

"Why did you change your mind?" Clair asked, his tone becoming gentle with the girl.

"Not sure." She lied plaintitively.