Idea

Florence heard footsteps down the hall, and quickly shrank back into the wall, hoping Mintie wouldn't notice her. She stepped back into the candlelight of the hall once she realized who the footsteps belonged to.

"Clair." She breathed in relief.

Impulsively, she ran towards him, flinging herself into his arms. Clair seemed to stagger backwards for a moment, then in turn wrapped his arms around her. Florence gently unclasped herself from him, staring longingly up into his eyes. She could gaze at him for hours, the reflection of the candlelight in his eyes, the dark shadows on his jawline. His golden hair spilling over his eyes. Slowly, the confusion set onto her porcelain face.

"Where were you?" She asked hesitantly, unsure of whether she wanted to hear the answer.

"I went to check on Cathryn." Clair answered truthfully.

He ushered her into his room as she spoke.

"Why didn't you tell me?" Florence asked him softly, he understood what she meant.

"I thought you'd known. I really did Florence."

"Okay." She replied quietly, suddenly wanting to run from his room.

He changed her mind instantly, when he drew her into him. Clair placed a light kiss on her jaw, earning a soft exhale of her's in return. Their faces were so close, his illuminated from the moonlight spilling in through the window. Florence watched as his wide hazel eyes flickered behind her to the window.

"I have an idea." He announced.

"Show me." Florence responded without hesitation, willing to go anywhere with Clair.

Clair took her tiny hand in his, Florence's heart fluttering about her rib cage. He was showing real signs of affection, she felt as if she could hardly breathe each second she was with him. Clair led her out of him room, a pleasant and curious smile beginning to spread across her lips. They tip-toed down the stairs and out the main hall, where Clair dragged her into the springtime night air.

The stars danged above them, glinting off the grand marble staircase which led to the gardens. Florence gave a breathy laugh as she began to understand what was happening. Compelled by a force she couldn't understand, she hastily drew Clair in for a lingering hug. She felt him relax beneath her, his arms drawing up around her waist. She felt his soft breath tangled in her hair, and his chest rising and falling beautifully against her.