i'm not

"why aren't you scared of me" richie asked. "jesus christ" you jumped. "answer the question" he rolled his eyes. "i'm just not" you shrugged your shoulders. "there has to be a reason why" he says as he follows you outside. "i don't know rich" you said as you sat at one of the tables.

"there has to be a fucking reason" richie slammed his hand on the table. "you wanna know the reason then" you rolled your eyes, not affected by his actions.

"because you're a lonely kid that just wants attention, but you're too afraid to let anyone in because of past relationships. you want everyone to be scared of you so you don't have to go through that pain again. you only let bill, eddie, stanley, beverly, mike and ben in. why ? because they've gone through something similar, if not the same thing. you're just scared of being alone" you scolded.

"i-" richie stuttered. "i have to go" you sighed as you stood up.

"y/n" richie jogged towards you. "what's up tozier" you said. "y/n are you fucking dumb" brenden said as he lifted his hand. "touch her and you're a dead fucking man" richie threatened. "oh fuck richie, my bad" brenden pulled his hand away. "let's go" richie gently grabbed your wrist.

"i stand by my words brenden, touch her and you're dead" richie fumed.

brenden just nodded and ran.

"okay i guess" you looked confused.

richie dragged you to an empty classroom.

"what's up" you asked. "how-how'd you know" richie stuttered. "know what" you looked at him in confusion. "that i'm scared of being alone" he whispered so lightly that if the classroom wasn't empty you wouldn't have heard it.

"tozier i'm not dumb" you rolled your eyes, "i notice things, i notice the way you fidget, i notice your eyes. they're full of sadness" i softly said, knowing how sensitive he is right now.

"h-how" richie mumbles. "because i'm not scared of you, i know i should be. but i'm not" you said. "everyone is" he sat down. "but i'm not" you sat next to him. "why" he asked. "because i know you're hurt" you softly grabbed his hand. "you know, you're the only person who's ever noticed" he sniffled. "you can cry rich, i'm not gonna judge you" you smiled.

"i'm not gonna cry, i'm just emotional" richie chuckled. "you have to learn that it's okay to cry, you've had a rough past. no ones gonna think you're weak" you explained. "you know, you really have a way with words" he sighed. "my dad thinks i should be a writer" you laugh. "you definitely should" he squeezed your hand.

"can i ask you a question" you asked. "anything" richie said. "why is everyone so scared of you" you whispered. "i beat the shit out of bowers and his gang" he sighed, like he knew what you were gonna ask.

"why'd you do it" you checked your watch, "eh, maybe skipping class wouldn't hurt" you thought. "he would bully me and my friends all the time" richie shrugged. "you know, you can't fight your whole life" you said. "who said i was, i just fought once" he furrowed his eyebrows.

"you know i'm not stupid, you've fought more than once" you sighed. "okay fine, maybe i fought more than once" richie admitted. "you're not that scary as people say" you rubbed small circles on his thumb. "you just have to get to know me" he smiled.

"let's ditch and talk some more than" you looked at him. "let's go" richie smiled as he stood up.