Chapter 2

Y/N entered the large performance room in the music department and took her seat. Her instructor, Professor Choi, was on the performance stage with a few other students, setting up the instruments for their presentation.

Y/N's face lit up at the sight of the grand piano on the stage. Her heart skipped every time she sat on the bench and stroked her fingers over the ivory. She loved the melodic sounds she could create by simply applying pressure to the cool keys and lightly pressing down with her foot on the shiny gold pedals.

Mina arrived a few minutes later and sat next to Y/N, tossing her long blond braid over her shoulder and setting her expensive bag in the seat next to her. Y/N recognized the bag. She had helped Jungkook pick it out for his and Mina's anniversary. She had been shopping with Mina two days prior and listened to the girl fawn over the bag and how perfect it was. Y/N had taken Jungkook shopping the next day to buy the bag.

"Have you seen Jungkookie yet?" Mina asked. "I was running late and missed him. Did he get his soulmate mark?"

Y/N smiled at the girl. "I did. I saw him this morning. He got his mark," she said.

Mina looked at her questioningly. "Oh really? What does it look like? Is it cool?

Y/N nodded. "It's a treble clef with a heart rhythm following it."

Mina frowned. "That sounds kind of boring," she whispered.

Y/N cocked an eyebrow in surprise. "The heart rhythm represents his love of medicine. I'm guessing the treble clef is for you," she said, irritation coloring her voice. Jungkook had been so enamored with the mark. He would be devastated if his soulmate hated it.

Mina heard the irritation and laughed to cover up her previous words. "I'm just saying that some of the marks I've seen are so cool. Youngjae has a fire breathing dragon with a paintbrush and Jennie has a pair of ballet slippers, but the ribbons are snakes."

Y/N shuddered at the last tattoo. It was no secret that she was terrified of snakes. If her soulmate tattoo were a snake, she would probably lose her mind.

Y/N patted Mina's arm soothingly. "It's a really pretty tattoo. It represents JK perfectly since it's so simple," she said. "You'll like it."

Mina shrugged. "If you say so," she replied.  She turned to the side and pulled her sheet music out of her bag. "Did you hear about the new student?"

Y/N raised an eyebrow. "New student? Isn't it awfully late in the semester for a student to join the class? He missed the first five weeks."

Mina shrugged again. "I guess he is some sort of musical prodigy. He transferred from another school. He was majoring in business before and this is his first year in the music program," she explained.

Y/N was surprised. This was an advance performance class and required two years of pre-requisites before students could take it. If this is his first year in the music program, he must be really good.

The girls continued their conversation but it was brought to a halt when the door to the performance room banged open. A young handsome man with porcelain pale skin and silvery gray hair entered the room. He had on tight black ripped jeans and a short sleeved black t-shirt. What got Y/N's attention was the mark that started at his wrist and wrapped around his arm before disappearing underneath his sleeve. It was piano keys, but they appeared to be done in a watercolor method. It was one of the most beautiful marks Y/N had ever seen.

The room was silent as a tomb as the unknown man made his way to the front of the performance room. He stopped at the edge of the stage, where Professor Choi stood. He handed Professor Choi a paper then turned to find a seat. He sat down in an empty seat away from the others and pulled out several pieces of sheet music. He focused his attention on the music, ignoring the whispers that suddenly filled the room.

He's so handsome!

His soulmate mark is amazing!

He's the new guy!

I heard he's a musical prodigy!

I want to have his babies!

Y/N turned around in disgust at the last remark. It was no lie that the young man was extremely handsome, but the thirst coming from the girls in the class was ridiculous.

Professor Choi finished setting up the stage and directed the students to take their seats. He sat on the edge of the stage, his dark hair falling over his face, and adjusted his dark blue blazer. "Good morning students. I would like to welcome our new student, Min Yoongi. He will be joining our program beginning today. Please make him feel welcome," Professor Choi said. "We will begin today's class with our independent performances, then I will discuss the next project."

Y/N waited patiently for her presentation. She had been working on the piece for the last five weeks and was excited to share her performance. She had chose to play Chopin's Nocturnes op. 27, no. 1. The piece was a little more than 5 minutes long and a challenging piece. It was hard for her to step outside of her comfort zone, but she had enjoyed learning the piece.

Y/N was called up to the performance stage and took her place in front of the piano. She ran her fingers over the cool ivory then looked to Professor Choi for the single to begin. She noticed the new student's eyes on her and gave him a small smile. She turned back to the piano and all thoughts except for the music in front of her flew from her head.

The beautiful instrument sang beneath her fingers as they flew across the keys. Y/N sat there for a moment at the conclusion of her piece, until she was startled out of her reverie by the smattering of applause. As she turned to leave the stage, she caught the new student's eye again. He was looking at her with a mixture of admiration and respect.

Y/N retuned to her seat and sat there with her mind on a recap of her performance until Mina took the stage. Mina pulled her flute from her bag and began her solo performance. Although Mina was talented, she was a tad bit lazy. She had chosen a simple piece to perform that didn't show her capabilities. Y/N respected the girl's talent, but was disappointed with her lack of effort and initiative.

Mina finished her performance, shooting the new student a wink before she exited the stage. She sat down next to Y/N, who turned to face her.

"What was that all about?" Y/N asked.

"Oh, that little wink? It was nothing. He was staring at me, so I figured I would give him something to stare at," Mina replied, brushing off Y/N's question.

Y/N just shook her head at the flippant response. She knew Jungkook could be a little possessive when it came to Mina. The fact that Mina had boldly flirted with someone else took Y/N by surprise. She knew that it was part of the girl's personality, but it was still disturbing. Mina had difficulty accepting Y/N as part of Jungkook's life in the beginning of their relationship. She hated that they shared an apartment, essentially forcing Jungkook to move in with her last month and leaving Y/N to find a new roommate, which she was still currently looking for. Luckily for Y/N, her parents had offered to help offset the cost of a roommate until she could find one.