Chapter 23

After the petting zoo, they decided to stop at one of the food carts for lunch. Most of them had decided on burgers and chicken sandwiches, but Y/N grabbed Yoongi by the hand and pulled him to another line. Jungkook recognized the cart. It was their tradition, their food place. Jungkook's heart broke a little at the fact that Y/N was breaking their tradition. It seemed as though ever since Yoongi came to the school, their relationship had changed. She called Yoongi Oppa, he lived with her, they snuggled during movies, and now they were in line for her and Jungkook's traditional pumpkin patch food. Jungkook tried to stop the jealousy that bubbled up in his chest, attempting to push it down.

Y/N stood in line with Yoongi at the chili cart. "This really is the best food here," she said. "It's so good."

Yoongi squeezed her hand tightly. "I believe you," he replied.

Y/N ordered their food and paid for it, then jumped in line with Jimin while Yoongi grabbed a table for them all.

"Hey baby," Jimin said, wrapping an arm around her. "I thought you got your food already."

Y/N nodded. "I did, but I told you I was buying you lunch," she replied.

Jimin hugged her tightly. "You don't have to do that," he said.

Y/N kissed his cheek. "But I want to," she replied.

Jimin smiled and nodded. "Okay," he said.

After they all got their food, they joined Yoongi at the table he had found. He was waiting patiently for Y/N to return, phone in his hand. Y/N sat across from him, passing him a spoon. "I'm telling you Yoonie. This is the best."

Yoongi rolled his eyes. "I told you. Yoonie is not happening," he said.

Jimin sat next to Y/N, setting his food down. "Yoonie? Come on babe. You can do better than that."

Y/N laughed at that. "Yeah I know."

Yoongi shrugged. "She just likes messing with me," he said, as he dipped his spoon into the chili and bringing it to his mouth. "This is really good."

Y/N smirked at him. "Told you," she replied, as she snagged a fry from Jimin's tray. He pushed the fries closer to her, indicating she should help herself.

"How's the chili today?" Jimin asked. Y/N nodded and held the full spoon to his mouth. He opened his mouth to her, taking the spoon in. "Mmm... it's really good."

Jin and Namjoon watched from across the table. "You two are so disgustingly cute," Jin said. "How did no one else see this coming?"

Jungkook ignored the question, occupying himself with his burger. He didn't want to see it. He didn't want to see the girl he loved with someone that wasn't him. When they sat down, he had attempted to sit next to her, but Hoseok squeezed into the spot instead.

After they finished lunch, Taehyung convinced them to go on the hayride with him. It was a pretty trek through the woods before stopping in a field of pumpkins. The tractor would stop in the field and allow people to disembark. Once they chose their pumpkins, they would take the tractor back to the loading point.

Y/N climbed up on the tractor, pulling Jimin behind her. He sat next to her, wrapping an arm around her shoulders. Yoongi slid in on the other side of her, taking her hand.

Jungkook didn't understand, but it seemed as though the guys were trying to keep him away from Y/N. He wanted to try and repair their friendship, but couldn't do it when the other guys surrounded her. He need time to talk to her alone.

Y/N had turned in her seat during the trek through the forest. Jimin had an arm around her waist to keep her from toppling over the side. "Look Jiminie," she whispered, pointing at a deer. Jungkook turned to see, but couldn't find it. Y/N pointed at a spot to the left. "Right there Kookie," she said excitedly. Her smile disappeared when she realized what she had said. "I apologize Jungkook."

Jungkook's heart had lightened when she called him Kookie. "It's okay. I always liked it," he said. She shook her head and his heart broke when he remembered telling her that she didn't have the right to call him that anymore.

Jimin nuzzled his nose in Y/N's hair, pulling her close. "You're so cute baby," he said. He loved the innocence of her expressions when she looked at all the animals. He loved the way her hair smelled and the way she smiled at him. He knew he had always loved her, but at this moment right now, he realized the true depth of his feelings. He was completely in love with her and couldn't believe she was the one he was going to spend his life with.

Y/N turned at his words and pressed a sweet kiss to his lips. "You're making me blush, Jiminie," she said.

Jimin smiled at her. "I can make you blush a whole lot more if you want," he said, a low sexy growl in his voice.

Y/N smacked his arm. "Yah!" she said. "Not here."

Jimin smirked and lifted his eyebrows. "Ooohh are you hoping for some sexy time later then?"

Y/N surprised him by shrugging. "Maybe," she said naughtily.

Yoongi made a gagging sound. "I am not sitting next to you two on the way back. You're so gross!" he spat out.

Hoseok and Taehyung laughed at his over the top reaction, while Jin just smiled knowingly. Namjoon noticed Jungkook's dark expression and leaned in close. "You okay JK?" he asked quietly.

Jungkook nodded. Part of him regretted coming along on this little trip. He had wanted to spend more time with Y/N, but he hated seeing her in the other man's arms. Yeah it was something that Jimin did all the time, but knowing now that they were together changed it for him.

The tractor came to a stop and Jimin hopped down. He held a hand out to Y/N, helping her climb down. She took his hand and followed him off. Yoongi, Hoseok, and Taehyung trailed after them.

Jungkook jumped off the tractor and made his way toward the field. There were tall fences separating the field from the tractor loading area. Jungkook followed the rest around the edge of the fence.

Taehyung's eyes lit up in excitement at all the pumpkins. "Ooohh look at them all! It's going to be so hard to choose one," he said.

"Since when do you ever choose only one?" Hoseok asked, a grin on his face.

Jimin turned to Yoongi, who looked confused. "When we came here two years ago, we ended up leaving with fifteen pumpkins! Tae couldn't pick just one. Y/N and JK were up until almost 4 AM, cleaning and carving pumpkins."

Jungkook laughed at the memory, turning to look at Y/N. She had a soft smile on her face as though she was remembering that night. After everyone had gone to bed, they stayed in the kitchen with the pumpkins. Y/N had gone to the sink to wash off her knife. When she turned Jungkook was standing directly behind her and she bumped into his chest. He had bent down to kiss her just as her knife slipped out of her hand. Jungkook often wondered what would have happened if he had kissed her that night.

Y/N smiled at Jungkook sweetly before turning away. "Yah! All that work carving pumpkins and the squirrels ate them all!" she said. They all laughed at the shared memory.

The guys turned towards the field, teasing Taehyung about his pumpkin obsession. As they turned the corner, Jimin pulled Y/N's hand, tugging her to a stop. He leaned against the fence, pulling her close and nuzzling her neck.

Y/N smacked his chest. "Let's go Jiminie," she said.

Jimin laughed out loud and pulled her close again. "I love you," he whispered in her ear.

"I love you too," Y/N said smiling, pecking his lips.

"No baby," Jimin replied, leaning back and looking at her, his eyes filled with fear and something else Y/N couldn't name. "I love you. I'm in love with you. Completely and hopelessly in love with you."