Chapter 14

The next couple of hours passed by slowly for Jungkook. It was ten minutes to midnight and Mina had gone off to prepare for her soulmate ceremony. She was going to be led down a short walkway to the stage, where she would stand under the spotlight where her mark would appear at midnight.

Jungkook didn't understand the whole ceremony. He personally thought it should be private, but Mina wanted it to be a huge spectacle. Jungkook had been looking for Y/N for the past half hour, but she was nowhere to be seen.

Taehyung and Hoseok were standing at the edge of the crowd, their attention focused on something Yoongi was saying. Yoongi patted Hoseok on the shoulder and headed away from the crowd toward the door.

Jimin and Y/N appeared from around the corner and the three of them left. Jungkook watched them exit and wondered why they were leaving before the party ended. The party was supposed to continue for another two hours. Jungkook was brought out of his thoughts when the music stopped. It changed to a slow, sensual song and Jungkook watched as his pretty blond girlfriend was lead down the walkway by Siobhan.

Mina made her way to the stage in the front of the crowd. The wine colored dress was pulled up high on her thighs, her pale skin glowing under the light. The DJ trained a spotlight on her and Mina's face lit up as all attention went to her.

The clock on the DJ's booth counted down the seconds. At the stroke of midnight, Mina let out a breath as she felt her mark appear. Jungkook didn't see anything at first, but then as Mina turned, he saw the mark on her left shoulder blade. Jungkook's ears filled with voices.

It's not the same as Jungkook.

They're not soulmates.

Whose mark is it?

It's the same as Soobin!

Who is Jungkook's soulmate then?

Jungkook's face flushed as all eyes turned to him. He stared at the mark on Mina's shoulder: an anchor wrapped in chains.

Mina stepped down from the stage and hurried over to him. "Jungkookie it doesn't matter. We can still be together," she said quickly, wrapping her arms around him.

Jungkook shook her arms off of him and looked behind to where Soobin stood. His eyes were filled with shock and hurt as he watched his soulmate hug another man. "No Mina. That's not how it works. At least not for me," he said carefully.

Mina stamped her foot. "So you're just going to let me go? Just like that?" her face filled with anger.

Jungkook nodded. "I have to. It's not right. We both know it," he said. "Go. Soobin is waiting for you." He turned and left the room, with the ringing of the crowd in his ears. As he left the room, he passed Hoseok and Taehyung. Taehyung's face was filled with shock, but Hoseok showed nothing.

Taehyung took a step toward him, stopping him with a hand on his shoulder. "Are you alright?" he asked quietly.

Jungkook thought about it for a second. "Yeah Tae. I am. Thanks bud," he replied. In all honesty he was okay. He knew that something wasn't right with Mina but hadn't wanted to admit it to himself. His heart wrenched when he recalled the conversation with Y/N about Mina and Soobin.

Y/N had tried to warn him, but he refused to listen to her. Instead, he called her jealous and broke her heart with his harsh words. Jungkook should have trusted his beautiful best friend, but he didn't want to admit that things weren't right with Mina.

Jungkook looked down at his wrist. This mark belonged to someone, but whom?

*****

Yoongi let himself and Y/N into the house after Jimin had dropped them off. Jimin had kissed Y/N quickly and promised to text her tomorrow. Y/N and Yoongi dropped onto the couch and Y/N pulled her heels off.

"Oh that's so much better," she said. "They looked so good, but they are not the most comfortable to wear."

Yoongi reached down and pulled her feet onto his lap, rubbing the tension from her heels. "Why do you wear them then?" he asked.

Y/N moaned at the sensation of his strong fingers stroking her feet. "Beauty is pain, my friend," she said, closing her eyes as Yoongi moved from her feet to her ankles.

"Want to tell me what happened with Jimin tonight?" Yoongi asked, stroking up to her calves. Y/N opened her eyes and cocked an eyebrow at him. "I saw that kiss. Don't try and play coy with me," he said, pulling her toes.

Y/N tried jerk her foot back, but Yoongi held tight to her ankle, rubbing her calf again. "I don't know, Yoongi. I just don't know," she said. "One minute we were dancing then he was kissing me and I never wanted it to stop."

Yoongi rubbed her legs quietly for a moment. "I don't want to see you hurt," Yoongi replied.

Y/N nodded sadly. "I just keep setting myself up for this. Jimin is my friend and I don't want to see that ruined. His birthday is Saturday. We'll just have to see what happens with the soulmate mark. If it appears, then I will back away. If it doesn't appear, then maybe we could actually make a go of it? I don't know."

Yoongi nodded in agreement. "Don't think about it too much. I don't think Jimin will end up acting like Jungkook did. He's very sensitive when it comes to other peoples' feelings. He wont make the same mistake," he said. "If he does, I'll hurt his pretty face."

Y/N laughed at the serious tone in Yoongi's voice. "Love you Yoongi," she said seriously. "You're the best!"

Yoongi smiled at her sweet words. "Love you too honey. You'll be okay. I promise," he replied.

Y/N pulled her feet from his grasp. She stood up then leaned down to peck his cheek. "Night."

Yoongi tugged her dark curls. "Night honey. See you in the morning," he said.

Y/N trudged to her room and shut the door. She pulled off her dress then went into the bathroom to remove her makeup and pull the clip from her curls. They cascaded down her back. She went back into her bedroom and pulled on a t-shirt and a pair of silk shorts.

Y/N got into bed, expecting to fall asleep quickly. She hadn't been sleeping well the last few weeks. She tossed and turned for over an hour, tangling herself in the blankets. She finally stood up and made her way out of her room.

Y/N stopped at the door opposite hers and knocked gently. She heard a tired husky voice call out come in. She opened the door to see Yoongi sitting up in bed, the lamp next to his bed filling the room with soft light. "I can't sleep," she said quietly.

Yoongi didn't hesitate. He pulled back the other side of the blanket and opened his arms to her. Y/N hurried over to the side of the bed and climbed in. Yoongi switched off the light then laid next to her. He wrapped both arms around her, pulling her close to his chest and kissing the top of her head. "Sleep honey. I'm here," he said.

Y/N snuggled into his warm chest, wrapping her arms around his waist. She laid her head against him and fell asleep to the thump of his steady heart.