Chapter 11

Mina's party was approaching quickly.  Since she had planned the elaborate soulmate mark ceremony, it was all anyone could talk about.  Y/N had made plans to attend with Yoongi and Jimin.  Jimin was picking up her and Yoongi, while Hoseok and Taehyung were going to meet them there. 

Y/N stepped out of the shower, wrapped in a towel.  She applied a gel to her hair and left her dark curls to dry naturally.  She stood in front of the bathroom mirror, putting on her makeup when she heard a knock on her bedroom door. 

Y/N checked to make sure her soulmate mark was covered before opening the door to Yoongi.

Yoongi blushed when he saw her in just a towel.  "Uh... I... I got the card you wanted me to pick up," he stammered out, quickly handing her a small bag.

Y/N giggled at his shyness and reached out to take the bag.  "Thanks.  I can't believe I forgot the card," she said.

Yoongi stared at her for a moment longer.  "Umm... I better let you finish getting ready," he said, the blush darkening on his cheeks.  He hurried away from her door and back to his room.

Yoongi sat on the edge of his bed, with his head in his hands.  He couldn't believe he had just stood in front of her door, ogling her like that.  She had looked so beautiful, her dark hair still damp and her cheeks pink from her hot shower.  Her skin glistened and her eyes shined. 

Yoongi shook his head, trying to clear his mind of the image of her in his head.  She was quickly becoming one of his best friends.  He didn't want to lose that friendship by starting something he knew he couldn't continue.  Yes he thought she was beautiful, but that was as far as it could go.  Although most would think it was because of the soulmate mark, but that was the least of his worries.

Yoongi quickly showered and put on clean clothes.  His dark jeans were ripped at the knees and clung to his toned legs.  His dark blue shirt had the top two buttons undone and the sleeves rolled up.  He styled his dark hair and left his quiet room when he heard the doorbell.

Yoongi opened the door to Jimin, who looked as handsome as ever.  His white silk shirt showed off his petite frame and his tight jeans accentuated his muscular thighs.  The sexy dancer really knew how to dress.

They greeted each other with hugs, then sat down on the sofa and caught up on small talk while waiting for Y/N to exit her bedroom.

Yoongi was facing away from the door when he heard Jimin's sharp intake of breath.  He turned to look behind him and realized he was in the presence of a goddess.

Y/N's dark curls were pinned to one side and draped over her shoulder.  Her aqua colored dress was strapless on the right and had a long flowy sleeve on the left.  The dress hit just above her knees and clung to her beautiful curves.  Her makeup showed off her perfect features and the scent coming from her was intoxicating.

Jimin was the first to shake himself from his daydream.  He climbed to his feet and went slowly toward her, like a magnet.  He stopped in front of her and for a moment begged the heavens to let her be his soulmate.  "Wow... You look stunning," he breathed out.

Y/N blushed prettily at his words.  Jimin was always so flirty with her, but his words seemed so sincere.  "Thanks Jiminie," she said.  "You look pretty great yourself."

Yoongi finally stepped forward.  He lifted a hand to touch her pretty pink cheek.  "Jiminie's right.  You are beautiful, but I've never seen you more beautiful than you are right now," he said, running his hand down her cheek to her neck. 

Y/N rolled her eyes at his sweet words.  "Well thank you.  Are you guys going to stand here and stare at me all night or are we going to go?" she asked, trying to break the tension that was thick in the air.

Jimin's flirty demeanor reappeared.  "I personally would rather stay here and stare at you all night.  Maybe peel off that dress and have you calling out my name, but a party awaits," he said, his pout exaggerated.

Y/N smacked his arm, and then wrapped her arm around it.  "You wish you were lucky enough to see what is under this dress," she said.

"Oh babe.  You have no idea," Jimin said, all hints of humor gone from his voice.

Yoongi took her other arm.  "Well since we can't just stand here all night, we better get going," he said.  He picked up the small bag she had set by the door and they headed out to Jimin's car.

Jimin opened the passenger side door for Y/N, waited until she was in, then closed it gently behind her.  Y/N wasn't used to this gentlemanly side of him and was surprised at how much she enjoyed it.

Yoongi climbed into the backseat, but leaned forward and pressed his cheek to the side of Y/N's seat.  "You smell heavenly," he said, closing his eyes. 

Y/N blushed again and smiled.  "New perfume," she said.

Yoongi opened his eyes and caught her gaze just as Jimin got in the car.  "It's amazing," he said, closing his eyes again.

Jimin started the car, then reached over and took Y/N's hand, intertwining her fingers with his.  Y/N loved his easy affection and sometimes wished he were her soulmate.

*****

The party was in full swing and Jungkook was already bored.  He had been standing next to Mina for the last half hour, listening to her talk to her friends.  He had turned a deaf ear to the conversation, but perked up when he heard Y/N's name. 

"What is Janeul doing here?" Siobhan asked, tossing her long hair back over her shoulder.  "Isn't she a little out of place?"

Out of all of Mina's friends, Jungkook despised Siobhan the most.  She had gone to the same private school as Mina and they hung out in the same elite, rich circle.  She was beautiful, but her looks were dampened by a dark, venomous personality.  She had received her soulmate mark over the summer, a dramatic watercolor tiger.  Jungkook knew of a quiet shy boy in the art department with the same mark.  He had shared the information with Siobhan and Mina and was stunned when the two girls brushed it off.  He thought back to that conversation. 

"Jaehyoung?  Are you serious?  He's an art student and here on a scholarship," Siobhan had said, disgust lacing her voice. 

Mina had turned to Jungkook.  "She's right Jungkook.  He's not one of us," she had said, patting Jungkook's arm.

Jungkook had been shocked at the conversation.  It should have been a red flag to him right then, but he ignored it.  He shook his head to clear it and brought himself back to the present.

"Y/N convinced me to invite her," Mina said.  "Since I invited most of the music department, Y/N said it would be cruel to leave her out.  Something about not hurting her feelings."

Jungkook smiled inwardly at the compassion of his beautiful best friend.  She was always so sweet to everyone and hated to see anyone upset or hurting. 

"Is she coming?" Siobhan asked.  There was something about Y/N that annoyed her.  She was sweet and pretty, but it irritated Siobhan how the group of Jungkook's friends fawned over her. 

"Yeah.  She's coming with Jimin and Yoongi," Mina replied.  "I'm working on a relationship between Jimin and Y/N."

Siobhan thought about it for a moment.  "Yeah I could see that one," she said then her smile turned smug.  "It would also free up Yoongi."

Jungkook turned to Siobhan, barely able to hide the disgust on his face.  "Yoongi has a soulmate," he said.

Siobhan shrugged.  "So do I.  What's your point?  I'm not going to let destiny decide who I get to be with."

Jungkook shook his head.  "You're not going to make it very far.  Yoongi is intent on finding his soulmate," Jungkook said.

Siobhan shrugged.  "Well there is nothing that says I can't keep him occupied until then," she said, tossing her hair back again.  "And speak of the devil, look who just came in."

Jungkook turned to the door and his heart caught in his throat.  Yoongi and Jimin had just stepped through the door.  His chest tightened and his jaw dropped at the gorgeous temptress that stood between them.