Chapter 19

After putting on a t-shirt and a pair of joggers, Jimin followed the scent of cooking into the kitchen. Jin was standing at the stove, frying bacon. Or trying to fry bacon. Namjoon was standing behind him, both arms around his waist, kissing the back of his neck.

Jimin walked across the kitchen and over to the coffeepot before they realized his presence. "Can you guys not have sex in the kitchen?" he asked calmly as he poured himself a cup of coffee.

Namjoon and Jin turned with mirror images of surprise and guilt on their faces. Namjoon studied Jimin's face then nodded. "I'm going to guess from those swollen lips that you didn't get a mark," he said plainly.

Jimin didn't say anything, just sipped his coffee. This was going to be easier than he thought.

"Are you two finally together?" Jin asked.

Jimin raised an eyebrow. "Finally?" he questioned.

"Well I always figured it would be either you or JK. JK since they've always been so close. You because Y/N's the only girl you ever flirted with. I used to wonder if you were gay," Jin explained calmly as though he were talking about the weather.

Jimin spit his coffee out in shock. "Why would you think that?"

Jin shrugged. "Ever dated a girl?" he asked simply. Jimin shook his head at the question and Jin laughed. "Sexy, talented dancer like you?"

Jimin thought about the question. "In high school, I was always too busy with dance. In college, I met Y/N and no one could compare," he said, thinking aloud.

Jin smiled. "Your heart knew you were supposed to be together before your head could. She's your soulmate, just without a mark," he said.

Namjoon smiled as he listened to the conversation. "You better treat her right Jiminie. If not, Hoseok will rip you to shreds," he said, a hint of warning in his voice.

Hoseok and Taehyung came in at those words, followed by Yoongi. "Why would I rip Jimin to shreds?" Hoseok asked, yawning and rubbing his puffy eyes.

Jin turned and smiled brightly at Hoseok. "Well Jiminie didn't get his soulmate mark. He came in with swollen lips. What do you think?" he asked.

Hoseok's eyes went comically wide. "You didn't... does that mean... are you with?" His words came out in unintelligible phrases.

Jimin lifted his coffee cup in a silent toast. It took Taehyung a moment to understand what was going on but then he let out a shriek. He hugged Jimin almost spilling his coffee. "I'm sorry you didn't get a mark, but I'm so happy you guys are together now," Taehyung said happily.

Jimin set his cup down and hugged his friend. "I don't care about the mark. I'm just happy I get to be with her," he said, conviction evident in his voice.

Yoongi came and patted Jimin on the back. "I'm happy for you cuz. You hurt Y/N, you wont have to worry about Hoseok hurting you. I will destroy you," he said, his voice serious.

Jimin pulled his cousin close. "No worries bro. I love her," he whispered in his ear.

Yoongi leaned back and looked at him. "Yeah I can see that," he said quietly. He looked around the kitchen. "Where is Y/N?" he asked.

Jimin pointed towards his room. "Shower," he said.

Taehyung looked surprised. "You let Y/N use your shower? You don't let anyone in your precious bathroom. Wow. You must be serious about her," he said.

"Serious about who?" Jungkook asked as he came into the kitchen. He took in the scene before him.

"Our girl and Jimin are finally together," Jin said, a smug smile on his face.

Jungkook looked at Jimin in displeasure. "But how? Your soulmate mark?" he asked, looking for some evidence that this wasn't happening.

Jimin smiled softly. "Didn't get one," he said.

Jungkook's heart dropped. There was nothing keeping them apart now Jungkook realized. The knowledge formed a knot in the pit of his stomach, but he forced a smile onto his face. "Congratulations bro," he said, trying to make his voice bright.

Jimin gave that same soft smile. "Thanks. She's the best. It's funny how she went from being my best friend, to being my girl," he said.