Chapter 17

Jungkook watched the interactions from his place on the couch. Jimin had explained thesituation to Namjoon and Jin already so there were no awkward questions about her soulmate. Jungkook wished he had thought to do that.

Jimin hadn't explained what had happened between Jungkook and Y/N, so Jungkook was watching the questions on Namjoon's face at the chilliness between him and Y/N. He was embarrassed to admit to their friends what he had done to his beautiful best friend.

The doorbell rang again and Taehyung went to answer it. Jungkook heard Hoseok's voice and his stomach tightened. Him and Hoseok weren't on the best of terms and Jungkook was worried how the other man would react.

Jungkook's heart broke when Y/N jumped up from the couch, tackling Hoseok in a bear hug. She hadn't hugged him like that in so long and it made his chest hurt.

The pizza arrived and they all sat around the coffee table with their plates and drinks. Y/N sat in between Yoongi and Hoseok. She would occasionally steal pepperoni from Yoongi's plate when he wasn't looking. The indulgent smile he gave her caused a strange sensation in Jungkook's stomach.

Namjoon spoke up. "Where's Mina tonight?" he asked.

Y/N jumped up from the couch quickly, saying she was hot and needed air. She put her plate down and stepped out onto the balcony, closing the door behind her.

Jin looked at her retreating back and raised an eyebrow to the rest of them. "What the hell happened while we were gone? What did you guys do to my girl?" he asked.

No one said anything, but Jin watched Hoseok's eyes narrow at Jungkook. Ahh so there was something going on there he said to himself. Jin sat his plate down and patted Namjoon's knee. "I'll be back babe. I'm going to go check on our girl," he said. Jin left the room, following Y/N out to the balcony.

Namjoon looked at Jungkook. "Explain. Now," he said in short quick words.

Jungkook looked embarrassed, but then quickly explained the whole situation, including the harsh words he yelled at her.

Namjoon shook his head. "Damn JK. You really fucked up, didn't you?" he asked.

Jungkook looked down at his plate, nodding his head. "I know," he said softly.

Jin came back in a few minutes later with Y/N. She had clearly been crying. Her eyes were red and her cheeks were adorably puffy. Jin sent Jungkook a narrowed glance and a harsh frown. Jungkook looked down at his plate again. He hated the disappointment he saw on Jin's face.

After the pizza had been demolished, Jimin broke out a deck of cards. Hoseok reached into the large paper bag he brought and pulled out several bottles of alcohol. Y/N groaned when she saw the bottle of Fireball. This was going to be an interesting night.

Several shots later, Y/N had lost her hand in the game they were playing. She grabbed her flannel and went out to the fire pit. She sat down in one of the chairs and just stared at the dark pit.

Namjoon came out several minutes later with a blanket that he gave to Y/N. He lit the fire pit and pulled a chair up next to her. "You okay doll?" he asked.

Y/N shrugged. "Yeah I'm okay. Just needed some fresh air," she said.

Namjoon nodded. "The rest of the guys are finishing up the game. They said they'll be out soon," he explained.

Y/N smiled and stared at the fire. "Is it ever going to get better, Joonie?" she asked. "This thing with me and Jungkook?"

Namjoon shrugged. "I don't know doll. I guess that's up to you. It depends on whether or not you can forgive him," he said.

Y/N nodded. "No one has ever hurt me that much in my whole life. Even more so than Jackson," she said.

Namjoon patted her hand then laced her fingers with his. "I know."

Their peaceful quiet was interrupted by the loud voices behind them.

"I told you I would beat you," Jimin called.

"You only won because I let you," Taehyung shouted back. "It wouldn't be right for the birthday boy to lose."

Namjoon shook his head at their antics. "It's good to be back," he said.

Jungkook came out with a blanket in his hands. He stopped when he saw Y/N already had one. "Oh. I didn't know you had one with you. I know you always get cold," he said, by way of explanation.

"Thank you, Jungkook-ssi, but Joonie already brought me one," Y/N said, in a polite voice.

Jungkook winced again with how she said his name, but let it go. He went to sit in the chair beside her, but stopped when Namjoon shook his head. Jungkook sighed and sat in a chair on the other side.

Yoongi, Taehyung, and Jin came out next, followed by Jimin and Hoseok. The latter had the shot glasses and several bottles of alcohol.

Jimin passed her a glass then sat in the chair next to her, scooting it close. "Can you share your blanket with me? I get so cold out here," he said, giving her the cutest puppy dog eyes she had ever seen.

Y/N rolled her eyes but draped the blanket around them both. Hoseok pointed a finger at Jimin. "I'm watching you Jiminie. Keep both of those hands where I can see them," he warned.

Jimin held up his hands in surrender. "I'll be good. I promise," he draped an arm around her shoulder, his left hand coming dangerously close to her breast.

Y/N swatted his hand and he moved it up to her shoulder. "I'm more worried about the hands I can see," she said, a dry tone in her voice.

Jimin kissed her cheek. "I promise I'll behave babe," he said.

Hoseok poured drinks for everyone and sat on the other side of Jimin. They spent the next couple hours, drinking and sharing stories. Y/N was happily drunk on Fireball and extra flirty with Jimin and Yoongi.

Right at midnight, Jimin felt a strange sensation on his upper thigh. He knew it was his soulmate mark appearing. For some reason, it made him sad. It was the confirmation that he could not have a relationship with Y/N.

Jimin didn't say anything about the feeling. He would check the mark alone in his room tonight and share it with his friends in the morning. Right now, he just wanted to enjoy their company and spend some time with the pretty girl by his side.

A little after 2, everyone decided to call it a night. Y/N asked Jimin if she could sleep in his bed with him. Taehyung and Jungkook had headed to their own rooms. Yoongi and Hoseok had fallen asleep on the couches in the living room, while Jin and Namjoon were cuddled on the sofa bed in the basement.

Jimin smiled at her and nodded. He pulled the blankets back and gave her a pair of flannel pants to wear. She stripped out of her t-shirt to the tank top she had on beneath it and climbed into his bed. By that time, she was barely awake. Jimin kissed her cheek and headed into the bathroom to change and check out his mark.

Jimin dropped his pants and stared at his thigh in shock. On his upper thigh, was a treble clef music note, with the last line creating a heart rhythm. And it was glossy black.