Chapter 28

Jungkook drove his car to school separately later that morning. He had a late meeting with his guidance counselor about his classes for the next semester and didn't want to keep Jimin and Taehyung waiting. It also gave him some time alone to think about this morning.

Jungkook knew Y/N was sleeping in Jimin's bed, but he was surprised when Jimin answered the door in only his boxers, bare chest on display. Y/N was sprawled on her stomach on the bed, her dark curls leaving a shadow on the pale pillowcase. When they had come down for breakfast fifteen minutes, they were both freshly showered and dressed.  WhenY/N had leaned over to refill her coffee cup, Jungkook saw the purple mark onher collarbone. It made anger andjealousy flare through Jungkook's chest.

Jimin teased her throughout breakfast, licking his plush lips and making her blush. Jungkook couldn't help but wonder what had happened the night before. Jungkook was having a hard time controlling the feelings of jealousy in his chest. He wanted to be the one to put that look on her face, to tease her, to kiss her, to touch her. It hurt so much that he wouldn't have the chance to.

*****

Taehyung rode in with Jimin and Y/N, laughing at the outrageous flirting between the two. When she reached over to snag a piece of bacon from Jimin's plate, Taehyung caught the purplish bruise right above her collarbone. He didn't know if Jungkook had seen it. Taehyung felt bad for Jungkook, but he knew that Y/N and Jimin weren't deliberately trying to flaunt their relationship in front of him. They didn't know Jungkook was in love with her.

When they arrived at the school, Yoongi was waiting outside for Y/N. She darted across the campus and jumped into his arms. "Yoongi," she said loudly, "I missed you!"

Yoongi hugged her tightly, smiling at her cute behavior. "You were only gone one night," he said.

Y/N shrugged. "That's okay. I still missed you," she said.

Yoongi rolled his eyes. "Okay silly girl."

Jimin and Taehyung walked up as Y/N was hugging Yoongi. "Damn babe. Starting to make me jealous with all this hugging on Yoongi," Jimin said, a pout on his plush lips.

Y/N pulled herself from Yoongi's arms and kissed Jimin's cheek. "You're so silly. You have no reason to be jealous," she said.

Jimin sent Yoongi a smirk. "I know," he said, wrapping his arms around her.

Y/N kissed Jimin's lips then moved away from him, taking Yoongi's hand. "Come on. We gotta go," she said. "See you guys at lunch."

"Bye baby," Jimin called, a happy smile on his face.

Taehyung turned and studied his friend's face. "I'm surprised at how calm you are with all of this," he said.

Jimin raised an eyebrow in question. "What do you mean?

"Well," Taehyung started, gesturing towards Yoongi, "you're okay with the affection Y/N is still showing everyone else."

Jimin shrugged. "Y/N loves me," he said simply, "and I love her. She's always been close with all of you and you make her happy. I don't want to take that away."

Taehyung nodded in understanding. "That's true," he replied.

"Plus," Jimin said with a devilish smile, "there's things I get to do with her that the rest of you can't and that more than makes up for it."

Taehyung pretended to lose his breakfast. "Damn Jiminie. Why are you always such a pervert?"

Jimin laughed at his reaction then draped an arm around his shoulders. "Let's go!"