Chapter 31

Taehyung came into the waiting room, his face streaked with tears. "How is she?" he asked.

Hoseok shook his head. "We don't really know. All they said is she's hurt bad," he said. "Jimin said she's in a coma."

The guys paced in the waiting room for several hours. They called Jin and Namjoon to let them know what happened. Namjoon wanted to take the first flight back from London, but Hoseok told him to wait and see what happens.

Finally a doctor in blue scrubs came through the door. He had sweat coating his face and blood stains on his scrubs. "Chang Y/N?" he said.

Jimin and Jungkook rushed over to him. "What's going on doctor?" Jimin asked, his voice filled with worry.

"Ms. Chang has severe internal bleeding from kicks to the stomach and ribs. She has a laceration on the back of her head and bruising on her face and arms. She's heavily sedated because her body needs time to heal," he explained, compassion filling his voice.

"Is she okay? Can we see her? Jungkook asked.

The doctor shook his head. "Not at this time. She's badly hurt, but you did a good job by calling the ambulance so quickly. A few more minutes, she might not have made it."

"Doctor, we're her soulmates," Jimin pleaded, pointing to himself and Jungkook. "When can we see her?"

"Perhaps in the morning," the doctor said gently. "For now, I suggest you both go home and get some rest. If there's any change, we will call you. But for now, excuse me." The doctor turned and went back through the doors.

Jimin sat down heavily in a chair. "You guys can go, but I'm not leaving until I get to see her," he said, his voice sounding exhausted and filled with worry.

Jungkook sat down next to him. "I'm staying too," he insisted. Jimin gave him a grateful look.

Taehyung nodded. "I understand. We'll go and bring you back a meal," he said, gesturing to himself and Yoongi.

Jimin shook his head, but Hoseok cut in. "You need to be strong for her. You need to eat something."

Yoongi nodded in agreement, then turned to Taehyung. "Do you mind if I crash at your place? I don't want to be alone tonight."

"Me either," Hoseok said sadly.

Taehyung nodded. "Of course. Both of you swing by your places and get what you need. Meet me back at the condo and we'll bring these guys a meal," he said.

Hoseok and Yoongi both nodded. They were grateful that someone was keeping a level head in this terrible situation. They hugged Jimin and Jungkook then headed out of the emergency room.

Jungkook turned to look at Jimin. His heart shattered at the devastated look on Jimin's face. "What's going on?" Jungkook asked.

Jimin sighed. "During my birthday, I felt my soulmate mark appear. I was so heartbroken because I wanted to be with Y/N so bad. When I saw the mark, I noticed it was black. She was the only one I had touched that evening. She was asleep and I noticed the mark below her shirt. She explained it to me in the morning, but asked me not to tell you or anyone else," Jimin said.

Jungkook nodded. "Did anyone else know?" he asked.

Jimin shook his head. "Just Hobi. Apparently he cornered her in her house one evening and demanded she tell him what's going on."

Jungkook sighed. "So this whole time? She's been my soulmate?"

Jimin nodded sadly. "We were going to tell you. She was so angry with you and so filled with hate for what you had said to her," he said. "I wanted her to be happy."

Jungkook rubbed his friend's shoulder. "I get it. I do," he said softly.

Jimin buried his face in his hands. "I love her JK. So damn much. She's everything to me," he said, his voice breaking.

"I love her too. But how is this supposed to work? If I have to, I can walk away," he said, his eyes filling with tears. "If you want to be together without me."

Jimin shook his head. "That's not what she wants. Y/N loves you. She always has," he said. "She wants both of us."

Jungkook's eyes widened in shock. "After everything I said to her? She loves me?"

Jimin gave him a watery smile. "Yeah she does. Do I wish she loved only me? Of course, but strangely enough, I'm not jealous. You're the missing piece of us."

Jungkook thought about Jimin's words. He thought about the feelings he had for Y/N. The idea of Jimin with her no longer sent the flame of jealousy through him just as long as he was part of her life too.

Jimin and Jungkook remained at the hospital through the night. Taehyung, Yoongi, and Hoseok brought them a meal, which they tried to force down. Right as the sun came up, Jungkook dozed off with his head resting on Jimin's shoulder.

A couple hours later, Jungkook eyes snapped open. Jimin's head rested on top of his own, but he quickly lifted it when the doctor from the previous night came back into the room.

"I didn't think you two would leave," he said dryly. "You may see her now. Please keep in mind that she is heavily sedated."

Jimin and Jungkook jumped out of their chairs and followed the doctor down a noisy hallway and into an elevator. They rode to the third floor then entered the Intensive Care Unit. "As her soulmates, you will be permitted to stay with her," the doctor explained as he opened the door to her room.

Jimin sighed in relief, but his breath caught in his throat at the sight of his beautiful soulmate. Her pretty face was pale and covered in bruises and she had a large bandage on her right cheek. She had tubes and wires everywhere, connected to monitors and IVs. Jimin rushed to her side, carefully taking her hand. He ran a finger down her cheek. "Oh baby," he whispered. "I'm sorry I wasn't there. Please come back to me. Please wake up. I love you."

Jungkook took her other hand. "I'm here Y/N. I know you're my soulmate. Please wake up and give us a chance to make it right. I love you sweetheart," he said softly.

Over the next week, Jimin and Jungkook barely left Y/N's side. They were afraid she would wake up alone in the hospital room. Hoseok, Yoongi, and Taehyung visited every day. Y/N's room was filled with flowers from the guys.

Taehyung and Yoongi spent a lot of time together. They realized they had a lot in common. Hoseok and Yoongi continued staying with Taehyung. They needed the comfort from each other.

One night, Hoseok arrived back to the condo after visiting Y/N. Yoongi was feeling poorly so Taehyung offered to go home with him. He stepped into the quiet condo and made his way towards the living room, where he could hear the television. The light glow coming from the television illuminated the room. Hoseok's eyes widened at the sight before him.

Yoongi was stretched out on the couch, his head in Taehyung's lap. One of Taehyung's hands was in Yoongi's hair. Yoongi held his other hand tightly to his chest. They were both sound asleep.

Hoseok tapped a finger against his lips. Yes, it could be purely platonic, but Hoseok wasn't sure.