Chapter 16

The rest of the week passed slowly. Y/N continued to avoid the cafeteria. She just wasn't ready to see Jungkook yet. Either Hoseok or Yoongi would join her. Sometimes they went out, sometimes they would go to the courtyard and eat the food that one of the guys would run in and pick up.

Y/N was thankful for her friends. She texted Jimin each day and saw him after school. Occasionally, Taehyung and Jimin would come to the house and hang out with her and Yoongi. They would order food and watch movies. Y/N felt as those things were getting back to normal, but she still missed Jungkook.

Jungkook was packing up his stuff from Mina's apartment while she was in Japan with Soobin. Jimin and Taehyung had agreed to let him stay there for a while until he found a new place. They shared a big condo near the college that Taehyung's dad bought for him when he turned 21. Jimin had moved in with him a few months later. They got along well and Jimin paid him a decent amount for rent, even though Taehyung insisted he didn't need to.

Jungkook moved into the empty bedroom and finally felt like he was home. The last two months at Mina's place had been miserable. Her annoying friends were always there. They talked trash about everyone as though they were still in high school.

While Jungkook was setting up his bedroom, Jimin and Taehyung would occasionally go out. They didn't invite him, so Jungkook knew they were going to see Y/N. It hurt to see his friends having fun without him, but he knew he caused it. Jungkook worried about what would happen Saturday evening when they were all together again.

*****

Saturday afternoon, Y/N was standing in front of the mirror in her bedroom. She was glaring at her clothes, but couldn't find anything else that made her happy. Her bright pink shirt clung to her curves and her tight ripped jeans accentuated her long legs. She had her dark hair pulled into a messy ponytail then added a thick black, white and pink flannel since the evening would be cooler. Jimin and Taehyung had a great fire pit and she knew they would end up there at some point.

Yoongi was waiting for to come out. He pulled her into his arms. "It's going to be alright honey," he said. He knew she was anxious about seeing Jungkook again.

Y/N hugged him back. "I know. I'll be okay," she said.

"Whenever you're ready to leave, just tell me," Yoongi said.

Y/N shook her head. "No. I'm not going to let Jungkook stop me from celebrating Jimin's birthday," she said.

Y/N picked up the bag sitting by the door. "Let's go," she said with a smile.

A short while later, Yoongi stopped his car in front of Taehyung's condo. "Wow! This is where they live? This is nice!" he said.

Y/N laughed. "Yeah Tae's dad bought it when he turned 21. Jimin moved in a couple months later," she said.

"What about Tae's soulmate mark?" Yoongi asked.

Y/N shook her head. "Not yet. His birthday isn't until December 30," she replied.

Yoongi nodded his head in understanding. "Gotcha," he replied.

They stepped out of the car and walked up to the door. Y/N rang the doorbell and squealed when a tall handsome man with full lips answered the door. Y/N jumped on him, peppering his face with kisses. "Jinnie!" she yelled. "You're here! When did you get back from the US?"

Jin smiled. "I'll answer if you let me breathe first," he said, hugging her back.

"Where's...?" Y/N began but was interrupted when someone grabbed her from behind.