Chapter 12

When Y/N stepped in the door, she heard the lull in the conversation.  She turned to see Jimin looking down at her.  "Why did I come with you?  Everyone is staring at you since you're so handsome," she whispered.

Jimin smiled at her, biting his bottom lip before leaning down to caress her cheek then whisper in her ear.  "No babe.  They're staring at you," he said.

Y/N looked around the room.  To her surprise, all eyes were on her.  Her cheeks heated up and she dragged Yoongi and Jimin away from the door and from prying eyes.  They both held tightly to her hands.  When she finally found a quieter spot on the edge of the room, she pulled her hands from their grip.  Both guys immediately intertwined their fingers with hers again.  Y/N looked at them in surprise.  "You two go have fun," she said.

Yoongi shook his head, his expression dark.  "Do you really think I'm going to leave you alone?  In this dress?  Looking as beautiful as you do tonight?" he asked, his voice husky.

Jimin pulled her close to his side.  "I'm not going anywhere.  There's nowhere I'd rather be than by your side babe," he said. 

Y/N sent both guys a shy smile.  "Thanks guys, but I'm alright.  Really I am.  Hobi will be here and so will Tae.  I'll have plenty of company.  I know you want to dance Jiminie," she said.

Jimin shook his head.  "I will dance, but it will be with you," he said, leaving no room for discussion.

Yoongi nodded in agreement.  "You're stuck with us tonight honey," he said softly.

Y/N just shook her head at their silly behavior.  She looked around the room to see if Hobi had arrived and caught Jungkook's eyes.  She was confused at the look on his face.  His jaw was tight and he was clenching the plastic cup he had in his hand, crushing it.  He sent her a tentative smile, which she ignored and turned away from him. 

Yoongi, who was watching the silent interaction, squeezed her hand.  "I'm here honey," he said quietly.  He caught Jungkook's eyes and watched him take a hesitant step in their direction.  Yoongi subtly shook his head and watched the smile drop from the other man's face.  Yoongi had vowed to protect her and he would do whatever it took.

Yoongi gently pulled his hand from hers.  "I'm going to go get us drinks.  You stay here with Jiminie and don't leave his side," he said.  He kissed her cheek before heading toward the bar on the opposite side of the room.

Yoongi was ordering their drinks, when he felt a hand brush his shoulder.  He looked to see a dark haired girl standing next to him.  She had on a tight white dress that left nothing to the imagination, including her soulmate mark.  Her makeup was bold and slightly over the top.  Yoongi involuntarily shuddered at her touch. 

"I'm Siobhan," she said in what he guessed was meant to be sexy, but grated on his nerves instead.

"Yoongi," he said, by way of introduction.  Siobhan placed her hand on his arm right where his soulmate mark was and he discreetly shrugged it off. 

"Is Y/N your girlfriend?" she asked, already knowing the answer.

Yoongi shook his head.  "No, just my friend," he said.

Siobhan let out a breathy little laugh.  "That's good to know," she said, bringing her hand back to his arm.

Yoongi sighed.  "Look lady.  I have a soulmate and clearly so do you," he said, gesturing to the mark on her chest.  "I'm not interested in a one night stand or whatever else you are offering."

Siobhan looked shocked at his blunt words before composing herself.  "You're missing out," she said, a dark tone to her words.

Yoongi shook his head.  "No.  I really don't think I am," he turned his back on her, effectively dismissing her.

Siobhan stood there for a moment, embarrassment coloring her features before she slunk away to find a more willing victim.

Yoongi was startled when he felt another hand on his shoulder.  He turned, expecting to fight off another desperate girl, but instead found Jungkook standing there.  He was shifting back from one foot to another in his uneasiness.

"Hey Jungkook," Yoongi said easily, his smile breaking the tension.  "How have you been?"

Jungkook was surprised at his friendliness, but decided to go with it.  "I'm good.  How about yourself?" he asked.

Yoongi nodded his head.  "Can't complain.  Got a great place to stay, some amazing friends, and I get to play piano.  Life is pretty good," he said.

Jungkook nodded.  "That's great to hear.  How's Y/N?" he asked.

Yoongi's smile dropped.  "I'm sorry Jungkook, but I can't and I won't discuss her with you," he said stiffly.

Jungkook's eyes filled with sadness.  "Why won't any of you answer my questions?  She's my best friend and I can't get near her," he said.

Yoongi felt for the other guy, but he just couldn't get the image of her crying in his arms out of his head.  "I'm really am sorry Jungkook, but I can't do that to her.  It's taken a long time for her to come back around to Jimin and me.  We've worked hard to repair her broken heart and we can't let you back into her life, just to destroy her again," he said.  "She's moving on from you.  Plus you have a girlfriend who will be your soulmate in a few short hours.  Let Y/N get over you," he explained, picking up their drinks and turning away.

Jungkook's heart dropped at Yoongi's words.  He hated the thought of his beautiful best friend crying over him.  He knew what Yoongi was saying was true, but he couldn't just let her go so easily after so many years.  He turned to look at her, watching her with Jimin.  He had always thought she was beautiful, but there was something about her tonight that was calling out to him.  She was a siren and he was willing to dive into the angry sea just to hear her voice again.  The aqua dress against her honey skin added to the allure of mermaids and the way her dark hair fell over her shoulder made him weak at the knees. 

Jungkook watched Jimin pull her onto the dance floor, directing her arms around his neck before wrapping his around her waist.  He moved seductively against her, his moves skilled and graceful.  He watched Y/N blush at the action before following his body.  They moved together as though they had been dancing for years.  Y/N's bright smile was directed only at Jimin and he looked down at her as if she were the most beautiful creature he had ever seen.  As he watched his best friend move with the sexy dancer, her eyes on his, Jungkook felt an emotion he couldn't identify.