Chapter 22

Once they entered, the guys gathered around the map in Y/N's hands. Jungkook, Jimin and Taehyung wanted to go to the haunted house, but Hoseok and Y/N refused. Yoongi chose to stay behind with Y/N and Hoseok. Jin and Namjoon decided to go with the guys, while Y/N sat on a bench with Yoongi and Hoseok.

Jimin came over and kissed her cheek. "I'll be right back baby," he said.

Y/N smiled at him. "Have fun," she said as he got in line with the others. "Don't get too scared."

Hoseok shuddered. "I can't do haunted houses. I don't like when things jump out at me," he said.

Y/N patted his shoulder. "Same with me," she replied.

Yoongi laughed at them both. "They don't really bother me, but Jimin's a screamer. I would prefer to keep my hearing intact," Yoongi said.

Y/N turned and looked at him, questions in her eyes. "Wait... what?"

Yoongi shook his head. "He's probably going to kill me for telling you this. When we were out at our grandparents' farm, all of the cousins used to play pranks on each other. One night, we locked Jimin in the barn. He was fine until we turned out all the lights. He screamed like a five year old girl," Yoongi said, laughing at the memory.

Hoseok laughed at that. "How old were you?"

Yoongi laughed harder. "Almost 16," he said.

Y/N punched his arm. "You're such a bully," she said, laughing out loud.

Yoongi shot Y/N his gummy smile. "It's true," he said. "Jimin's a screamer." As if on cue, a piercing scream came from the haunted house. Yoongi leaned over, slapping his leg. "That would be Jimin."

Y/N and Hoseok joined in the laughter. They sat on the bench waiting for the guys. Every so often, they would hear a loud scream rip through the air. Poor Jimin was going to have no voice when he came out of there.

Y/N had tears streaming down her face and Hoseok was on his knees on the ground by the time they came out.

Jimin came over to Y/N, worry on his face at her tears. "You okay baby?" he asked.

Y/N looked at his serious face and started laughing again. "You do know we could hear everything out here, right?"

Jimin's face flushed pink. "Oh damn," he said, an embarrassed smile on his face.

Hoseok patted his shoulder in sympathy. "It's okay. You're way braver than me. I couldn't even go in at all," he said.

Y/N wrapped an around Jimin and he hid his face in her hair. "Oh my god. This is so embarrassing," he said, laughing.

Y/N was happy he wasn't too embarrassed. She looked up at the other guys. "Where to now?"

Jungkook looked at the map. "What about the petting zoo?" he asked. The rest of the group nodded in agreement.

They headed over to the petting zoo. Y/N squealed when she saw the bunny hutch. "They're still here!" she exclaimed, tugging on Hoseok's shirt.

Jungkook smiled at her amusement. "I'm guessing the bunnies are still your favorite here," he asked.

Y/N hesitated then returned his smile with one of her own. "Yeah they are," she said as she hurried forward, dragging Yoongi and Hoseok into the bunny enclosure.

Jimin held back, watching her with a soft smile on his face. Jungkook stopped by his side. "You know why she likes the bunnies, don't you JK?" Jimin asked. When Jungkook shook his head, Jimin smiled. "They remind her of you." Jimin leaned over the gate, watching his girl sit in a huddle of bunnies, one in her lap and one in her arms, pressed close to her face.

Jungkook was confused, but then remembered Y/N always said his smile reminded her of a bunny. She called it his bunny smile. Jungkook leaned on the rail next to his friend, watching Y/N over the rail.

Jimin had pulled his phone out and was taking pictures of the beautiful girl and her pile of bunnies. Jimin showed Jungkook a picture of Y/N holding a bunny, touching the bunny's nose with her own in a bunny kiss.

Jungkook hesitated then asked, "Can you send me that one?"

Jimin nodded, sending the picture. As he clicked out of the camera, Jungkook noticed the background on Jimin's phone. It was a picture from today. Y/N was looking at the camera and Jimin had his lips pressed to her cheek. Jungkook's chest tightened with jealousy at the happy smile on her face. He used to be able to put that smile there.

Jin stood next to Jungkook. "She looks happy," he said.

Jungkook sighed. "Yeah she does," he admitted. Happier than he had seen her in a long time. He was a terrible friend. He didn't even notice his beautiful best friend was miserable. It broke his heart to come to that realization. As he watched her with the bunnies, he finally recognized the feeling in his chest. Over the last several weeks, his feelings toward her had changed from simple friendship to something more. The realization hit him like a truck. He was hopelessly in love with someone he could never have.

Y/N was so enraptured with the bunnies, she wasn't paying attention to the looks the guys were sending her, but Hoseok was. He could recognize the look in both of their faces. It was the same look. Both Jimin and Jungkook were in love with Y/N.

Hoseok looked to see if Yoongi was paying attention to them. Yoongi nodded towards Jimin and spoke quietly. "He loves her. He said it to me this morning," Yoongi said quietly. He tilted his head toward Jungkook. "That one I don't understand. He's got that same look in his eyes."

Hoseok nodded in agreement. "I saw that too. Has Jimin told her?"

Yoongi shook his head. "I don't think so. At least not really. Just the same kinda joking we all do," he replied.

Hoseok smiled at his friend. She had a bunny in her lap. It had flopped over on its side and she was tickling its soft belly. The other hand was on its head. The bunny was nuzzling into her hand, eager for her touch. Y/N had that effect on people. Clearly she had it on animals too.

Y/N finally let go of the bunnies and they went through the rest of the petting zoo. Yoongi really like the goats at first, but changed his mind when one head butted him in the stomach knocking him on his butt.

Y/N laughed at the irritated expression on Yoongi's face. "Awww did wittle Yoonie get knocked down by the mean old goat?" she asked in a baby voice.

Yoongi shuddered at her baby voice. "Yoonie?" he asked, narrowing his eyes at her. "Yeah that's not going to become a habit."

Y/N sent him a bright smile and he couldn't help but smile back. Y/N turned to see Jungkook with a baby goat in his lap. He was looking down at it sweetly and petting its back.

Jimin came up behind Y/N and wrapped both arms around his waist. "See baby. He's not such a bad guy. Our Kookie is still in there somewhere," he whispered in her ear.

Y/N nodded then turned in Jimin's arms, kissing his lips lightly. "Yeah I hope so," she said.

"Ewww do you two make out everywhere?" Namjoon yelled in mock horror. "First the kitchen, now in the goat pen? Who knows what happened this morning in Jimin's bed."

Y/N blushed at the memory. "Damn Y/N. Was it that good?" Taehyung asked.

Jungkook looked up and noticed Y/N's pink cheeks. Had they already had...? Jungkook shook his head to dispel the thought. It wasn't like Y/N to do something like that so quickly. Jungkook eyed her carefully. Her cheeks were really pink though. Something must have happened between the two.

Jungkook stood up as the others decided to move on through the petting zoo. He was surprised to realize he was having a great time. They fed the horses sugar cubes, snuggled with three-month-old kittens, and made pig noises at the hogs. Jimin and Jin even broke into an impromptu chicken dance when they stopped in front of the hens and roosters. Jungkook had missed this closeness they all shared. Although Y/N was talking to him, he didn't miss how she would pull away whenever he tried to touch her. At first he thought it was her relationship with Jimin, but then Jungkook realized it was only him she wouldn't touch. She held Yoongi's hand, cuddled with Taehyung, hugged Hoseok, and planted quick kisses on Jin and Namjoon.