10)Friends

Jace: You think Ms

Jace: You think Ms. Carver knows she missed half her mustache shaving this morning?

Alexis: That's so mean!

A small giggle sounds from across the room. I glance over to where Alexis is seated, expertly hiding her phone in her lap and failing miserably at hiding her laughter.

Jace: It's not mean. I'm sure there's a guy out there who loves rubbing mustaches with his girlfriend.

She looks up and catches me watching her, biting down on that full bottom lip while she tries to fight back another giggle.

We've been texting a lot since yesterday. She told me she's worried about how her friends will react to us, so I've been trying to take her mind off of it.

Personally, I couldn't care less what her friends think, but I don't want her stressing it.

I already know Caleb's gonna be pissed but I don't know Marcel or Ava well enough to guess what they'll do. Shit, I still don't know what will happen. The guys and I had to talk with my uncle about what went down at the party, so we were late to school. Would've been better if we had talked to him last night but he had gone on patrol with a few others.

Fifteen minutes after the bell for first period rang, I walked into class and received a small smile from Lex. I had changed a few of my classes last week when Alexis was trying to dodge me. May sound crazy but I was determined to make her face me. For most, that would be hard to pull off, but the vice-principal goes way back with my uncle. He's even come by the barn a few times to have a drink. All I had to do was name drop, and it was a done deal.

When Lexi finally agreed to be friends yesterday, I manned up and told her right away. Figured it was better than surprising her with the news when I walked into her class.

"Is this what you meant at Calebs? That whole thing about how I was gonna be seeing more of you starting this week?" she asked with that spicy fucking attitude that drives me crazy.

I was honest with her. Told her I was now in her English, History, Art, and Home Ec class.

She chewed on the information for a minute before shrugging and saying, "Alright. I can live with that."

I was fucking stunned. I thought for sure she'd flip her lid, and I'd have to spend the rest of the week getting on her good side again. Hell, I was prepared for it, but her accepting it so easily blew me away.

I can't figure out where I stand with her. I've never had such a hard fucking time getting a girl to loosen up to me. But I guess after what I put her through, I deserve it. Doesn't mean I'm gonna give up though, and from the looks of things, I'm doing better than I expected.

The school day's already half over, with lunch right around the corner. Lexi tosses her phone back in her bag and stares at the clock, waiting for the final minutes to pass by so we can get out of History class. As for me, I'm soaking up this time sketching the same set of hazel eyes I've drawn out a million times before. The same ones peering out from my arm.