26)Who are you?

It doesn't take long before Cassie leads Paxton to the dance floor mouthing from over her shoulder, "Be right back

It doesn't take long before Cassie leads Paxton to the dance floor mouthing from over her shoulder, "Be right back."

I give her a thumbs up and nod before they're eaten up by the crowd of gyrating bodies. While I wait for Jo to get back, I order another water and down it faster than my first one. I take notice of a few potential dance partners but can't find the desire to actually approach them. One ballsy guy starts walking my way and I instantly turn the other way, deterring him completely while my inner thoughts taunt me.

I'm being stupid. Jace and I are not together, but the look in his ocean eyes when he pressed for a promise from me still lingers in my mind. I should've just outright told him that I wasn't going to dance with any guys. It's not like I want to anyway. Even the thought of someone else touching me makes me cringe.

But I also can't ignore the doubt floating around inside me. If he wants a commitment then he needs to say so. I can't just hang out in limbo forever waiting for him to finally feel like he can talk to me openly and honestly.

"Back!" Josie yells, appearing out of thin air. "Sorry about that."

"Everything okay?"

She nods. "Yeah, I was just trying to convince Tyree not to call Kade."

My face pinches together with confusion. "Why?"

Jo chews on her red painted lip for a second before she sighs. "The Hideaway isn't exactly the best place to hang out. I mean, it's fun but the guys definitely wouldn't approve. If they caught wind that we're here, they'd storm in and haul our pretty asses out of here in the blink of an eye."

I can see what she's saying. Between people hooking up in dark corners, underaged drinking, and drug use, this isn't the kind of place most people would consider safe. Jace would flip the fuck out if he saw me here.

"Not to mention Cassie," I finish my thoughts out loud.

Josie's eyes skyrocket. "Exactly! Forget seeing us here, if they saw her..." she trails off before making an explosion noise and simulating the idea with her hands.

"I still can't believe this was her idea. I thought she was supposed to be the angel."

"Looks like the angel burned off her wings." Jo laughs. "It was only a matter of time before she started rebelling. They can't keep her innocent forever."

True, and it could only get worse the more they try to keep her grounded. That overprotective nature is going to come back and bite both Jace and Kade in the ass, sooner rather than later apparently.

"Speaking of which." Jo pauses and looks around. "Where did Cassie go?"

I nod towards the dance floor. "Some hottie whisked her off to bump and grind the night away."

"Good for her." Josie nods her approval. "You wanna dance some more too?"

"Yeah, let's go!"

The two of us push through the crowd until we reach a decent opening to let loose. Between shaking my ass and laughing with Jo, I sneak occasional looks at Cassie.