16)Wound Tight

Small warning-and I won't be putting this at the top of every chapter so this is it-from here on out things are gonna start picking up in the hot and sexy department. (Jace has a dirty mouth😏) So you all have been warned, or for those who enjoy it, you've been apprised. 😉

Walking through the front doors of school, I stalk the halls like a man on a fucking mission

Walking through the front doors of school, I stalk the halls like a man on a fucking mission. Every muscle in my body is stiff, tension rolling off of me in waves. I know the guys and Jo can feel it as they keep a healthy distance behind me but there's not a damn thing I can do about it. After three days of Lexi dodging me, I'm on the verge of losing my shit.

All I've been able to see for days is the look in her eyes as she straddled my lap. Pure fucking hunger. She wanted me just as bad as I wanted her. I can still hear every shuddering breath that left her lips as my hands slid across her skin. Fuck, I can still feel her hands on me.

Then we got interrupted. In an instant, a switch flicked in that pretty head of hers, I could see it in her eyes, she was scared. Fucking terrified because she had let her defenses down. She was letting me in, finally, and that scared the shit out of her. Now she's trying to run.

I've let her go these past few days but I can't wait anymore. She won't answer my calls, my texts, but she can't fucking hide from me here.

Rounding the corner at the end of the hall, I enter the center lobby and spot Lexi at our locker. With the locker wide open, her back faces me. Waves of dark brown hair flow close to her ass covering her back so all I can see is the short jean skirt she's wearing and the tempting skin just below.

I shake my head, trying to get my shit straight. If I go over there like a feigning fucking animal she's gonna run again. Though as she flips her hair over her shoulder I get a glimpse at who she's talking to, Caleb. Shouldn't surprise me but with how wound up I am it's just another thing to fuck me up. Forget the fact that Marcels there with them, he's not the one I'm worried about.

Not wasting any more time, I cross the common area and walk up behind her as calm as I can manage.

"Lex."

Her entire body freezes setting off alarms in my head.

Not again.

Lexi turns around, those bluish-hazel eyes swimming with fear as she takes me in. She steps back with careful, shallow breaths. It draws my attention to her tempting lips, even as she tries to talk her way out of the situation.

"Um, hey. I-I'd love to stay and chat but...I really need to get to class." She cringes guilt setting into her features. "S-sorry."

Lex steps back and I follow.

"Can we just talk for a fucking second?"

Chewing on her lip, she takes another step away. "Later?"

She doesn't give me a chance to answer before bolting down the hall. I'm tempted to run after her but the only thing keeping me from doing so is the knowledge that I'll see her later in class.