18)Nauseating PDA

"This was a bad idea

"This was a bad idea."

"What?" Ava yells over the deafening music flowing through the party.

We've found ourselves huddled against one of the two-story-high walls in this gigantic modern home. For such an open floor plan, it feels extremely claustrophobic. People dressed in costumes bump and grind against each other or those just trying to pass by. Drinks are flowing, every surface covered, and sticky with alcohol. It's probably the biggest party this year and all I can think about is what happened between Derek and Jace yesterday.

I haven't seen either of them so far, but that doesn't stop my stomach from twisting into a million teeny-tiny knots.

Nursing my drink, I glance at my sexy Little Red Riding Hood costume and speak up "This was a bad idea!"

Ava pauses her bouncing infused dance moves to look back at me like I've grown a second head. "Why?"

"People are staring!"

It's true. Almost every guy that walks past us has taken the time to give us appreciative looks, their eyes feasting on our costumes. Ava's loving the attention, while I'm wondering why the hell I let her convince me to wear this thing.

Because you were hoping someone would notice.

Brushing off my inner tauntings, I take a sip of my drink and cringe.

Ava's banned from getting drinks for the rest of the night.

"That's the point, Lex! Enjoy it!" Ava nudges me with her arm.

"What's the point?" Marcel asks, breaking through the crowd to reach us in his Clark Kent costume, complete with suit, tie, and a superman t-shirt peaking through the open buttoned white shirt.

Ignoring his question, Ava looks behind him. "Where's Caleb?"

"Said something about finding a bathroom."

She nods as worry lines crease her forehead and takes a long sip from her cup.

I'm about to ask her what's wrong when my phone vibrates in my bust.

Cassie: We're here! Front entrance.

Alexis: Stay there, I'll come get you.

"Hey, Cassie's here," I yell to A.

She continues to swing to the music and waves me off. "Go ahead, I'm gonna hang here."

Looking at Marcel, I shoot him a worried look before allowing my eyes to bounce to Ava. He reads me right away and nods. I feel better leaving to get Cassie knowing that Marcel will look after Ava and dive into the crowd.

It takes me a minute to push my way towards the front doors but when I get there, I can't see Cassie anywhere. My head whips around trying to find her when someone lightly taps me on the shoulder.