Chapter 9- Beomgyu

Beomgyu's POV

Beomgyu looked at the weighing scale with an unsatisfied face. The corner of his lips were pointing downward, painting a frown on the boy's face.

I need to gain some weight, Beomgyu thought (In multiple books I have seen the main characters complain about being too 'heavy.' I wanted to add something slightly different, but is very much prominent in today's society).

Beomgyu was a little chubby when he was younger. The makeup ladies would tell him that he had to lose weight for someone to love him. He was only 10, so he listened to them.

He ate less, which caused him to have mood swings and headaches daily, but he never stopped. He was always under the watch of the public eye. Even if one person saw a tiny flaw that didn't fit their beauty standard, they would point it out. 

Prince Beomgyu was like a spider in a science lab. The people who live in the kingdom are the scientists observing the spider, and Beomgyu is that spider. 

Everyone thinks that the spider is harmful, but in reality, it is just a small creature that won't cause any harm, unless you mess with it. People throw harmful comments at Beomgyu like he is some kind of monster. Can't we just leave the monster alive? (Heheheh I love this song it's one of my favs). 

Beomgyu is also a living thing like you and I are. He has feelings and emotions too. Everyone in the kingdom was unknowingly throwing insults at the Prince.

"My goodness! Did the Prince eat a pig, he looks extremely chubby today."

"I don't mean to be rude or anything, but the Prince has gained a ton of weight, I'm surprised his clothes haven't ripped yet!"

"I don't like his body shape, it is only getting worse as he grows older."

Beomgyu still remembers all the whispered comments people made towards him. He was so young and confused at the time. The hurtful comments were like knifes jabbing at him. Beomgyu cried himself to sleep multiple times. His self esteem dropped faster than Yoongi's tongue technology.  He eventually lost a lot of weight.

You would think that everyone would stop body shaming him, but the comments only got worse.

"The Prince looks like a walking skeleton!"

"The Prince looks so thin and fragile, my three year old child could probably beat him up!"

"Have you seen the Prince lately? He looks like a living stickman! I can't believe that he is going to be our future King! How is he going to protect us?"

(Thinking of and writing all these comments were so hard. It hurt to write all these 😣. I was thinking of Hellevator by Stray Kids to set the mood. Please reach out to me if you need a random person to talk to)

Of course not everyone body shamed him, but even one hurtful comment is enough to make Beomgyu break. He had huge fluctuations in his weight because people thought that he needed to either gain or lose weight. 

Nowadays Beomgyu hasn't heard any hurtful comments, but that is because Beomgyu built himself a reputation. He wasn't the same happy and cheerful child he was back then. He taught himself how to mask his emotions from the public eye so that no one could judge him. He was dubbed 'Stone Face' because of the poker face he kept on. People thought he was emotionless because of this.

People started to fear him and Beomgyu was completely fine with that. He didn't even like people, to be honest. They could be so cruel with their words at times. He couldn't trust people anymore. He hated his life. He didn't want to be famous because everyone is watching you. 

One wrong move, and people are quick to judge. Beomgyu just wants to live a normal life. His parents, the King and Queen, weren't bad people necessarily. 

They just were never there for him. 

Sure, they did tell people to stop commenting rude things about their son, but the days when Beomgyu felt sad and needed emotional support, his parents weren't there for him. 

Those insults still rang in his head. After all this time (After all this time? Always. My Harry Potter fans know what I'll talking abt 😉) it still hurts. Even if you can't see it, those words leave scars. It still hurts because Beomgyu believed those words, and belief is one of the most strongest things in the world.

That is why when Beomgyu found out that he had an older brother, he was more relived than surprised. He didn't want to become king anymore. He felt as if a huge weight was lifted off his shoulders.

•<><><><><><><><>•

Fat tears were rolling down his face.

Tears of happiness.

"I feels so weird to cry after such a long time," Beomgyu said to his teddy bear. This bear is very important to Beomgyu. He got it as a gift from his parents when he was three, and he had kept it ever since. It was always there for him during his high and low times.

Beomgyu wiped his tears away and stared out the window with a happy face.

"It feels so good to smile, Toto (In this fanfic, Toto is the name of his teddy bear). "I hate being the Prince. Sometimes I just feel like running away, but I won't do that now because I want to know who my brother is. 

"I'm actually excited!" Beomgyu said with a beautiful grin plastered on his face.

Today is the day when all the dna samples would be tested. 

Today Beomgyu would find out who his biological brother was. 

And he couldn't wait to find out.

I feel so bad for you all!! You are probably wondering when Yeonbin will meet, but don't worry it's happening kinda soon.

Who do you think his brother is?? 🤔

What do u think abt Beomgyu's backstory?

Luv you all ❤️❤️❤️ Stay safe!