Chapter 33- Yeonjun

Yeonjun's POV

A week.

It has been a week since Yeonjun made the promise.

And he was failing to keep the promise.

The past week Beomgyu has been beaten up by Ben and Yeonjun could only stand aside and watch.

Yeonjun tried to protect him, but Ben always got in the way and beat him up. After practice bruises and dirt stains littered both their bodies.

Yeonjun could tell that Beomgyu was getting weaker and sadder as the days go by.

The teacher always spat cuss words at them. Yeonjun just brushed them aside to the best of his ability, but Beomgyu wasn't handing it the same.

Yeonjun could tell that Beomgyu believed everything that came out of Ben's crusty mouth.

That made Yeonjun furious.

Yeonjun told his parents about this situation, but they just gave the same response as before. They thought that this was helping both of them, when in reality it wasn't.

Yeonjun tried his best to tell Beomgyu that the teacher is just trying to get under their skin on purpose, but Beomgyu didn't seem to believe that.

Yeonjun saw how sad and broken Beomgyu looked after practice and it broke him.

It tore at his heart.

This is my brother. I should be there for him and help him out when he is feeling down.

Yeonjun was feeling a very stressed and sad because of this situation.

His parents didn't help with his stress levels one bit.

•<><><><><><><><>•

"Yeonjun! Today the people want to actually see you, so remember to act like a good Prince," the Queen told him.

Currently, the Queen was fixing his makeup to look 'presentable' in front of the people.

Yeonjun cracked his knuckles nervously.

I hate crowds. And people.

After a long time of applying makeup, the Queen finally stepped away from Yeonjun.

Yeonjun observed his reflection in a nearby mirror.

His lips were tinted a luscious ruby red color. Black eyeliner lined his eyes, which brought out his cat shaped eyes. His jet black hair was slicked back, revealing his handsome forehead. Gold and blue were printed on his Prince outfit, which matched with his shiny black shoes.

Yeonjun nervously gulped.

Do I look presentable? Will the crowd like me?

The Queen sensed his worry and brought a hand to Yeonjun's chin. She looked into his eyes and spoke. "Don't worry about a thing Yeonjun, I'm sure that the people will love you!"

Yeonjun stiffly nodded his head.

He was still worried though. This was going to be his first public appearance as Prince. He wanted this to be a good moment.

Yeonjun looked down at his hands. They were sweating hard.

He rubbed them on his pants, but it didn't do much.

A bunch of random people entered the room to escort Yeonjun.

They all grabbed him and pulled him out of the room and towards the balcony.