Chapter 17- Yeonjun

Yeonjun's POV

Choked up sobs rang from the empty bathroom. Those sobs belonged to Yeonjun. Currently, he was curled up in a ball, trying to hide his own face. He didn't want anyone to to see him in this state.

The past few days Yeonjun has been meeting up with his real parents. The King and Queen dumped a ton of information onto Yeonjun's head.

He has to start Prince training while secretly training for the Bighit Boys. Bighit Boy's training was hard, but with Prince training tacked on, the work would be grueling.

I feel like no one here understands me.

Beomgyu has lived here all his life, so he doesn't feel out of place like I do.

Soobitch probably has a better life than me.

When I said I wanted an interesting life, I didn't mean it like this.

Now I miss my home.

I want to return to my old life, even if it was miserable.

Because I like it better than this life.

"Why am I even crying? I don't know why?" Yeonjun muttered out loud.

He hated feeling powerless. That's why he rarely cried.

He raised himself NOT to be a weak bitch.

Yeonjun closed his eyes shut. His fingers harshly dug into the palm of his sweaty hands, causing blood to flow out.

I'm a mess aren't I?

Blood, sweat, and tears (I did it again another Kpop song 😅) coated his palms.

Yeonjun gasped when he realized what he did.

He quickly went to a sink in the bathroom and washed off all the gunk on his hands.

"I should never to that again," Yeonjun said worriedly.

He exited the bathroom, plastering a fake smile on his face.

•<><><><><><>•

Yeonjun was about to enter the practice room, but decided to stay put.

He wanted to observe the people through the crack between the door and the wall.

Yeonjun immediately spotted Soobin and his other two friends. They were done with practice and didn't even seem fazed by Yeonjun's disappearance.

Wow, they didn't even notice that I was gone. I mean it's not different to what I'm used to.

Yeonjun pressed his ear against the door, trying to listen in on their conversation.

"......Soobin don't be a bitch."

"I swear to god I am so done with that word!"

"Anyways, I have this big urge to run, so let me grab my hoodie!"

"Child, you literally have a hoodie on right now."

"What I meant was let me grab my other hoodie, yup, the one that I love!"

"He's like Cookie Monster, except he is obsessed with hoodies and plushie."

Yeonjun heard some giggling after that.

I wish I had friends like that. Friends that I could laugh with about stupid things.

Why can't I make a friend? Am I that disgusting and unlikeable?

Yeonjun could feel the need to cry climbing up his throat. His throat felt dry and scratchy as he swallowed the urge to cry. He hated the feeling of holding back his tears. 

It hurt like hell.

He didn't want to cry.

Yeonjun just stuffed all his emotions inside himself, like he always does. Eventually all those emotions are going to explode out of him like a volcano, but that's in the future.

Let's focus on the present.

Yeonjun pushed the door open and walked inside. He didn't even try to change his face, he kept on a poker face. The three boys silently stared at Yeonjun.

His clothes were rumpled and stuck onto his body. His hands were bruised and wet from the bathroom. Yeonjun looked like he just walked across a battlefield.

"Yeonjun where were you? We were worried about you?" the shortest boy in the group said.

Lies, Yeonjun thought bitterly.

Yeonjun cleared his throat and swallowed his emotions down. "I just had to excuse myself and go to the restroom."

Even more lies, but who cares? They don't seem to care about me. I can never know who to trust in this castle.

The three boys nodded their heads.

Silence.

And it wasn't the comfort type of silence, it was the awkward kind of silence. The kind when you just want to runaway and hide.

Yeonjun fiddled with his fingers. He hated awkward silence.

"Sooo, I really want to run right now so I'm just gonna go do that," said the second tallest one out of the group of three.

"I have to get some snacks, I'm very hungry," said the shortest one of the group.

That left Yeonjun and Soobin in the room together.

Alone.

Soobin awkwardly scratched his head. "I need to check up on Hueningkai," he said quickly.

Soobin dashed out of the room, leaving Yeonjun behind.

Gosh this chapter was sad 😔

If you didn't notice in the first half of this chapter, Yeonjun basically harmed himself by drawing his own blood. That's why he said 'I should never do that again.'

But I'm planning to write more chapters like this, so get your tissues ready!

You guys, I think I'm sick 😔 The past few days my nose has been stuffy and I'm coughing. I LITERALLY SNEEZED INTO MY MASK, WHICH FEELS HORRIBLE. 

I actually talked to someone at school! More like the teacher forced us to talk, but it's an improvement. I ACTUALLY TALKED TO ANOTHER HUMAN BEING AT SCHOOL WOWWW!

Anyways, luv you!!