Chapter 1: Work

Cali was awakened by her phone alarm making her grunt for she wants to go back to sleep, after a minute her phone alarmed again and started to get out from the bed.

She stretched herself and fixed her bed, her phone keeps on vibrating she quickly checked it and saw a message from Frank.

Frank
Sorry if I woke u, but u wanna go to my party later this 6pm? it's my birthday :)

Me
I completely forgot sorry :( I have a duty today but I'll try to crash in though

Frank
Okay, just text me if you're coming, don't be too stressed at work. xoxo

Cali smiled and headed towards the bathroom, Frank was her best friend since high school, he knows the Drama of Cali's Asian Family like it was a Keeping Up With The Kardashians series but minus the limelight.

After taking a shower, she picked up her white scrubs and paired it with her teal highcut shoes.

She was having a hard to time to study medicine for it was too many and thought of it to shift her course to arts, but as usual her Mom and Dad didn't agree instead they let her pick Nursing.

Always had a failing mark and thought that maybe she'll be the black sheep of the family if she didn't take it, her Family Generation's line was medicine.

Cali strives hard until she became a Registered Nurse at her working place, Frank suggested that she should take Arts after she graduated.

She attended a summer local art studio near the hospital, she always been featured at the studio for her out standing creativity.

Cali locked the door before and put on her earphones and started to walk, the hospital was just a few blocks away from her apartment.

She ordered her to-go coffee and chicken nuggets from McDonald's since it was near from her apartment.

She thought of buying a new dress for Frank's Party tonight, she laughed at her memory when she brought a gift for Frank's party 2 years ago.

Cali brought him an expensive perfume from Chanel but Frank laughed and said.

"Cali, you don't have to give me that, all I want is your presence".

She chuckled at it while standing at the pedestrian lane, the traffic light was in green so she'll have to wait 2 minutes till the light went to red.

When it was at 8 seconds a random Tesla car stopped near at her, waiting the light turn to red. Cali saw a guy wearing a white shirt with a "golf" word on it, a light brown bucket hat and saw her.

With a brown eyes, black skin and a thick lips

Their eyes locked like they were examining each other's faces, they looked away for the cars honked at the guy's car to move.

Thinking that Cali was stuck waiting for the light went red again.

Damn those brown eyes and lips

     •••••

"Sorry if I'm late" Cali whispered to co-nurse at the Emergency station where she is assigned today, she quickly put her stuff at the locker, disinfect her hands with alcohol and put on her tag "Cali"

"It's okay, Doc. Henry don't have an appointment today he went to trip with his family a day ago" Jean said while writing.

"Really? I haven't heard of it"

"Uhm yes, He message all of us yesterday maybe you didn't check on it"

Cali grabbed her phone from her locker and checked on her messages.

Doc. Henry
Hello guys! I got a trip tomorrow with my Family so you already know I don't have any appointments but don't forget to check on the patients . Thank You :)

She sighed and sits at her chair thinking that she don't have to do anything today, but to have rounds on the patience. And stay in the hospital for 8 hours, sometimes she would stay overnight.

"Don't be so bored ass, Doc. Henry messaged me an hour ago that one of his patience will having be having a check up and it said that you should do it for him" Jean read the message and gave it to Cali.

Doc. Henry
Good Morning Jean! I forgot to inform you that one of my patience will be there at 11 am for a check up.

Oh and Cali will be responsible for that, Thank You!  :)

Jean squealed at her "Okay okay, calm down your ass there"

"I feel like this patient of Doc. is a guy hmm, probably a handsome one" Jean chuckled while swiveling her chair.

"Oh gosh, it's like you're gonna make me shit going to that blind date with that patient" Cali rolled her eyes, while scrolling up and down with her phone.

"Just try it, and try to put some love on your schedule girl! You're always busy as fuck!"

"No thanks work is work"