Chapter 37: Friend

Meeting her mom's side is cooler than I thought. They may be strict but they're so fun to be with, especially her Grandma and Grandpa.

I remember when all them are so interested when I told them at I met Denzel Washington. We stayed at their ancestral house, full of antiques and painting of their families.

Some of her cousins were a fan of mine and I didn't expect it, they're so chill and calm unlike the other fans freak out whenever I talk them. Plus, I got to eat their cuisines.

I sat down at the bed, drawing for my golf show this June while waiting for Callista to finish up.

"You ready?" She closed the bathroom door.

"Uh yeah, where are we going though?" I asked her with confusion and started to wear my chains.

"You don't have to overdress yourself, we just gonna stroll around the town" She said.

I nodded and wear some plain white golf shirt, shorts and a pair of slide ons. Quickly grabbed my cameras and phone.

"Come on" She pulled my arm and went down stairs.

She said something to her grandma and hugged her.

Seriously, I don't know what she's saying.

"What were you saying back there?" I asked.

"I said that me and you are going to roam around the town, that's all" She said while her eyes were focusing on the road.

Their place has a lot of trees, mountains and fresh air, unlike the city. She parked her car, don't know where we are, all I know is there's a lot of very loud people, busy lifting boxes and closing their stalls.

"Where are we?" I asked as we got out.

"This is a public market, we're you can bargain. You have to be careful with your chains" She said as we went inside.

It was all too different from the market at LA, I felt something wet at my feet. I looked at Callista's, same as mine and dirty.

"You good with this?" I patted her shoulder, she smiled and nodded. I guess she's really used to this.

After that we stopped by a random small restaurant along the side of the road, where the view is completely astonishing.

I filmed and capture everything for my photo album.

"What you ordered?" I asked through the camera as the waiter came in with two bowls of I-don't-know what soup it is.

"Well, I ordered us a Lomi, it is made with thick fresh egg noddles, eggs, mixed vegetables and with chicken broth" She giggled and quickly mixed it.

I did the same too as she waited for me to taste it.

"Damn, this is good shit" I said, it's freaking hot and delicious, perfect for this kind of weather.

The waiter came back with a drinks, he happily placed it and smiled at me. Callista noticed it and laughed.

The fuck?

He began to speak in Filipino while smiling at us, Callista responded back as the waiter left.

"Might you wanna tell me what y'all talk?" I twirled around the fork.

"He said that, he never seen us especially you here at the restaurant, hope he'll see us again soon with a wedding ring on" She giggled.

I couldn't help but to smile with that kind of idea, that guy really think in advance.