Chapter 26: Resist

Callista was at the studio for the whole day, Tyler keeps on calling and messaging her but she avoided him.

She's having a hard to time to release her emotions, instead of getting angry and panicking, she expressed it through music and painting, since extreme emotions are prohibited.

Cali dropped her long song covers; Yellow by Coldplay, Crush by Zhané, Newness by Musiq Soulchild and Paris, Tokyo by Lupe Fiasco.

She even did an art commission for limited people. Cali was busy recording the instrumental part until the twins came in with a bag of food.

"You've been here the whole damn time, don't you want to eat?" Miguel asked as he handed her the food.

It was a grilled chicken intestine called isaw, some barbecue and hotdog on stick.

"Thank god you brought foods" She said and ate it.

"Completely done?" Paolo asked as Cali nodded.

"Need your vocals as fuck"

"Why not your voice?"

"I feel that this song doesn't fit for my voice and I don't want to pitch thingy it and don't worry, I'll be featuring your band since ya'll help to make this" Cali said

After that they proceed to record, she played them the tone of the song.

"You made this way too deep, are you completely sure you are okay?" Paolo asked.

"I'll be okay guys, don't worry" She smiled as her phone rang, it was Steve.

"Oh hey stevo"

: Long time no talk, when will you go home?

"I'll be there tomorrow"

: Aight, We'll see you tomorrow, bye

He hung up.

"Hold up, we?" She said to herself.

The twins dropped her by the airport, since her family came back in Singapore a day ago. They forbid their goodbyes as the bellhop assisted her.

•••••

During the flight, Cali keeps on listening at the twins' vocals, she can't sleep since it's already 5 hours of flight, as some tapped her shoulder.

"Is this seat taken?" It was a black, curly haired, tall guy with tattoos.

"No" She said as the guy let out a sigh.

"Thank you, I can't sleep with those old men snoring at my face" He said and sat at her left side.

"Today is your lucky day Mister?" She furrowed her eyebrows.

"Oh, I'm Christopher Wood, call me Brent" He shaked hands with her.

"I'm Callista Roberts, nice to meet you" She smiled as a flight attendant went to their seat.

"Sir, I'm sorry but you have to move back at your seat—"

"Oh no, it's okay, it's fine with me. Nothing to worry" Cali said as the flight attendant nodded and left.

"Geez, thank you so much, you literally save my ass" Brent replied, Cali laughed at her thoughts remembering Tyler.

"Why you laughing?"