Chapter 18: Opportunity

"And remember when we ring all of the door bells in the neighborhood–"

"The fuck I remember, Miss Jackson's dog chased me after that" They laugh

Cali is getting tipsy, she laid her head at his shoulders while drinking.

"Aight, you should stop that, that's nasty"

"Hmm? but there's more Gregy" She hiccuped.

"No, enough of it girl, remember what happened to you at Frank's party" Cali grunted and stood herself up

"Okay Mister Turkey" She raised hands and went inside. Tyler grinned and followed her, he got lost at the hall as he heard Cali's shoes clicking.

She went inside to her room, leaving the door open.

"I know you're gonna follow me" She smirked as she picked up her clothes.

He let out a laugh as he closed the door behind him and sat at the edge of the bed.

"Can you help me remove this shit? I can't reach it" Cali stood and pointed at her zipper at the back.

Tyler slyly smirked while looking at her back, he unzipped it leaving Cali topless. Cali is comfortable with him whether what kind of goofiness she's doing.

He watched her get in the bathroom as he walk around the room.

Her shelves were filled with vinyls, books and school trophies, some of her baby portraits were hanging especially Cali holding a violin with an awkward smile.

"You play violin?" He asked as she closed the door.

"Yes and I was called pianolin those days and I absolutely hate it" Cali said

"Piano what?"

"Piano plus violin, the bullies made it up cause I always play it at school" She rolled her eyes as Tyler laugh.

"Can you play it for me?" He asked, Cali nodded and played it

"That's shit is cool, you should come with me tomorrow at the studio" Tyler smiled

"Why? Kendall just asked me to come at her place tomorrow but I'll try though"

She jumped on her bed

"That's okay, I just need it for my song"

"If you need it for your song, you need my friend's blessings for that"

Tyler furrowed his eyebrows.

"You'll know him tomorrow" She smiled and yawned

"You should get some sleep, Imma go home now" He stood up.

"It's already late, you should stay here" She pulled his arms as he fell on Cali's bed.

"Alright, I have no choice" He smiled and took off his clothes leaving the boxers on, as he laid himself at the bed, same old sleeping position. Does friends do this?

Someone knock at the door "Ms. Cali, your Mom wants you to know that Frank and Solange will stay at the guest room" One of the helpers said.

"Okay, make sure the room is clean. Thank You and y'all should rest now" She shouted while playing Tyler's ear.

"Why do you like playing my ear but not like me back?" He asked out of nowhere, he bit his lips realizing what he said. It's a matter of life and death.

"Let's just go sleep" She said and turn back at him, avoiding the question. Cali thought about Tyler's actions giving it a meaning, it was a move to her to avoid him before she really fall in love, but she was too attached to lose him and too scared to tell it.