Chapter 30: Burfday

It was busy day for Cali, she attended a quick photo shoot in the morning, family business meeting at 2 pm and of course later is Tyler's birthday. She haven't thought any gift for him since he already had everything, Cali grunted in frustration as she went inside her house after their meeting.

Massaging her temples, walking back and forth and zoning out.

Cali grabbed her phone to call Frank, until her phone rang, it was Tyler. She freaked out, didn't know if she'll answer it or not, Cali waited it to end and immediately called Frank

:What now? the fuck, I'm driving

"You're always driving when I'm calling you, I need your help!"

: I hate you, I'm on my way there.

He said and hang up

Not after a minute, Frank stormed inside her house trying to find her.

"B to the I to the T C H, why are you not getting ready? We're preparing the set up at his house" He lift an eyebrow.

"I don't know what to give him, like he already had everything" She exclaimed.

Frank smiled and sat down near at her.

"Give him that comes from your heart, just a simple one though" He said.

"Boxers?" The fuck?

"He already have a lot of collections" Frank laughed and wiggled his eyebrows.

"Nigga hell no! I'm not ready for that kind of thing"

"Then what?" Cali continued.

"Well, I'm not supposed to tell you this but I know you two aren't official now right?"

Cali confusingly nodded.

"I remember when he told me that he'll be asking you to be his girlfriend since he's courting you, he's going to surprise you but I don't know when. So, instead of wasting a time for thinking, answer him and make his birthday a memorable one"

She smiled at that idea but still wasn't enough and doesn't know how to let go of the word.

"Imma see your ass at his place, his mom is going to be there and don't forget to distract him" Frank winked and left the house.

It made her more uneasy, she haven't met his mom ever since they moved. Cali grabbed her photo album that contains a lot of Polaroid shots with T and the Minimal Man's album vinyl, The Shroud Of.

She smiled while turning the pages and took her pen to wrote something, quickly made a 2 beaded bracelet, one for him and one for her.

Cali's phone rang again, a call from Tyler. She let out breathe before she answered it.

"Hey!" She said.

: Hey baby, I've been trying to call you, where are you?

"I'm here at my room, why?"

: Nothing, I just wanna hang out with you

He let out a laugh.

"Why not, I'll meet you at–"

: I'm already outside your house

Cali peeked at the window as Tyler waved at her, riding his bike.

: So, you coming?

"Of course I am, just wait a sec" She said and hang up. Quickly grab the album, vinyl and put it in a fine paper bag. She also brought the Polaroid camera with her.