(1) I love you ☆

- Reader's POV -
Monday

Alec tried to steal some of Nia's fries while she was occupied. Her curly blonde hair was finally tied up and it was too late for Alec.

"If your filthy fingers touched any of my fries you'll miss the times when they were beautifully attached to your hand,"
She warned, pointing her finger at Alec after slapping his hand away.

Alec rolled his eyes, rubbing his hand where she hit him. He leaned back into the stool, shoving his middle finger in her face while she laughed lowly.

"Sometimes I wonder if you love your food more than me," Alec said with fake hurt, picking up his burger. Nia eyed him warily and threw her arms around her food, protecting it. But she soon laughed.

"Oh honey, you don't even have to wonder! Of course, I love my food more than anything else."
She giggled, making Alec scoff.

"Where's Tatum?"
Alec wondered. The mention of Alec's younger sister made Nia's heart skip a beat. It still ached every time she remembered that Alec knew nothing about her dating his sister. Sometimes it felt like she was betraying him.

"She wasn't home when I woke up today,"
Nia answered, relieved at the fact that she could keep her heart from visibly beating out of her chest.

Nia was kicked out when she told her parents she was bisexual. She had nowhere to go, but her best friend's mother couldn't bear the thought of the poor girl becoming homeless. As Nia settled in her new home, her and Tatum became way closer. But, with time, their friendship turned into something way more serious and secretive.
Her phone buzzed in her pocket, so she grabbed a napkin and cleaned her hands. Once the screen lit up with her touch, her breathing quickened.

Taty <3.

Her head snapped up to look at Alec. Luckily, he was way more occupied with turning all the napkins into origami pigeons, so she took the opportunity to return to the screen.

Taty <3
Tell him to leave so that we can spend some quality time together.

Nia looked around the café subtly. It was enough to know that Tatum managed to hide from her view, but not obvious enough to alert Alec. She looked down again.

My Sas :b
Quality time huh?

Taty <3
;)

Nia glanced up once more. Alec was still heavily occupied making pigeons. He looked so focused that wrinkles lined his forehead, and his tongue was poking through his lips.

"Hey, Alec?"
She asked, sliding her phone on the table. He hummed in response but didn't lookup.

"Don't you have a match in 3 hours?"
She said, slightly shakily, trying to get a grasp of her plan to get rid of him.

"I do."
He answered and she nodded in acknowledgment.

"Shouldn't you be getting ready for it, or whatever your weird-ass do before those matches?"
She asked and he finally looked up at her, putting the napkin pigeon aside.

"Are you trying to get rid of me?"
He asked, squinting his eyes, receiving a shrug from her as she raised her eyebrows and pouted.

"Fuck you, Nia,"
He laughed, rolling his eyes pocketing his stuff. Nia noticed a lady covering a young boy's ears.

"Nah, I think I'll pass,"
She smiled, resting her chin on her palm tilting her head, flashing him a huge smile.

"Exactly why I go for boys,"
He smiled back. He slid out of his chair and took one last sip of his soft drink. Nia was excited but then realized that he hadn't paid for his food.

"Bitch! Pay for your food!"
Nia yelled but Alec being Alec, gave her a wink and left, she turned around, meeting the same lady's gaze. She smiled sheepishly and mouthed an apology.

She sighed, laying her head on the table, and drummed her fingers on her thigh when a soft pair of lips on her neck caught her off guard. She looked up and saw her girlfriend smiling at her softly. Tatum skipped to the place Alec was just sitting in and plopped down.

"Where were you this morning?"
Nia asked worriedly, passing Tatum her fries. Tatum accepted them gratefully.

"Thrifting,"
She replied simply, stuffing a fry in her mouth and sighing at the delightful taste. Her growling stomach calmed down.

"Say what now?"

"I looked through Pinterest last night and got some inspiration. My mind decided to wake me up at like six." Tatum droned, but Nia just smiled.

"Do you remember Miles?"
Nia asked, changing the subject, "My cousin who lives in Mexico?"

Tatum nodded. "His mom is sending him here because he got expelled from his school."

"Oh shit. What for?"

"Don't know, but I think it's a good thing. I miss him..."

"But...?" Tatum prompted.

"It means I'll have to move in with him and his dad."

"What?! Why?" Tatum hated the idea of her girlfriend moving out, even now, they rarely get the time together alone.

"Uncle Kobe just found out that I got kicked out and he insists on me living with him." Nia stared at the floor, not daring to make eye contact with Tatum.

Tatum suddenly felt bad. She was getting mad at something Nia had no control over. She was sure she wasn't the only one upset, either.

"Babe, look at me," Tatum said just above a whisper, lifting Nia's chin with her two fingers. "It's okay, we'll still find a way to see each other every day! You don't have to feel bad about it." Tatum continued, tucking a lock of Nia's blond hair behind her ear.

Nia smiled, leaning over the table and capturing her girlfriend's lips with her own. "I love you," Nia said resting her forehead on Tatum.

"I love you," Tatum repeated. She giggled, "But we should probably stop kissing above Alec's origami pigeons."
...
"Are you all stupid?!" Alec yelled abrasively at his football teammates, watching them sigh and groan. "We're losing because none of you are paying attention! They're leading! Unless you want to be removed from this goddamn team, I suggest moving your useless asses and start scoring some touchdowns!" His team hung their heads low.

"Un-fucking-believable," He muttered picking up his water and gulping it all down in one go. Nothing made Alec more frustrated other than losing. To him, losing describes him as a failure, and Alec hates being a failure.

The football team ran back in the field, chanting with determination to win. And just his luck, his team started scoring points, maybe not wanting to let their captain down. Alec scored the final touchdown in the last 10 seconds causing his school team to win and the stadium went crazy.

"GO ALEC!"
He heard Tatum's voice. His eyes scanned the crowd until he spotted her, Alec loved his sister and he would do anything to make her smile.

He smiled waving at her and Nia before heading back to the lockers.