(11) Why do you care? ☆

- Reader's POV -
Monday

"Miles, I am sorry."
Alec apologized for the 100th time.

Miles drove them to Alec's house because Alec was a walking bloody mess.

Alec was sitting on the toilet seat as Miles snooped around for a first aid kit,

"It's in the last cabinet on the left."
Alec told him.

Miles opened the cabinet and grabbed the kit before putting it on the sink, he took the alcohol, cotton, bandages, and a cream for the swollen parts.

He walked over and kneeled in front of Alec putting the stuff on the floor.

"Miles I beg your pardon, say something."
Alec said looking at him. He was scared that Miles will see him differently.

"What do you want me to say, Alec?"
Miles said looking at him.

"I don't know anything, 'I hate you Alec' 'You are stupid' 'I'm mad at you Alec' anything just don't stay quiet!"
Alec said harshly then facepalmed feeling guilty.

"I'm sorry"
He said.

"Thank you, Alec"
Miles said making Alec raise his eyebrows he wasn't expecting that.

"Thank you for protecting me but you are an idiot for what you did. Look how hurt you are right now"
Miles said looking at his face then at his screwed knuckles.

"I don't know what happened I swear I just- I lost control, all I saw was red when I saw him punch you"
Alec said looking at his hands,

"It's okay"
Miles said smiling at him making Alec's heart skip a beat. He wished he would smile more.

"Now give me your hand,"
Miles said wetting the cotton pad with alcohol.

Alec gave him his hand without hesitation, again there was that tingly electric feeling rushing through their bodies. Miles looked at him.

"This is going to hurt like, A lot."
He warned him earning a wave from Alec.

Miles slowly tapped the pad on the cuts on his knuckles making Alec flinch.

"Sorry"
Miles mumbled.

Alec stared at how cute Miles looked when he focused on something. The way his pouty lips twitched every time Alec flinched.

"Hey, Alec?"
Miles asked earning a hum from him.

"Why were you so mad at Rebekah that day?"
Miles asked and from the way, Alec's face dropped he regretted it.

"It's okay if you don't want to talk about it, I just don't know why is she such a butt."
Miles told him making Alec give him a small smile.

"It's a long story and I just don't like talking about it."
Alec said and Miles nodded understandably.

Miles wrapped the bandage around his knuckles, liking the warmth of Alec's hands. As much as he hated the idea of letting them go he had to.

"Okay"
Miles said letting go of Alec's hands.

Alec admired Miles in a way he never looked at anyone before he knew he was gay but he never actually liked someone but to him, Miles looked so soft and small he liked the feeling of protecting him and being his safe place.

Miles returned the first aid kit to the cabinet, he stood there awkwardly not knowing either he should leave or stay.

"Are you hungry?"
Miles muffled.