(5) No one sits next to Alec ☆

- Reader's POV -
Thursday

"Okay, Miles I just want you to know people here aren't as nice as they might seem so if anyone tried to do any funny shit just look for someone of our squad"
Alec said glancing at Miles as they walked to the office to get his schedule.

Miles loved how Alec said his name to him it just sounded different, Miles slowly nodded knowing that he wouldn't be able to face anyone anyways.

Alec walked to the main office where an old woman in her sixties was wearing her huge squared glasses was sitting behind a tall desk.

"Miles Adair's schedule"
Alec blurted out when the woman looked at him, she wasn't surprised at his attitude that's just how Alec works however Miles frowned at it.

'Not even an excuse me or please?'
Miles thought fiddling with his hoodie's sleeves like he always does.

"And where is Miles?"
The woman asked looking to see a short black-haired boy standing behind Alec.

Miles awkwardly slowly raised an arm earning a warming smile from the old lady.

"But how did someone like you end up with him"
She mumbled under her breath.

"What did you just say?"
Alec asked even though he heard what she said.

"Nothing, There you go darling"
She said giving Miles his schedule.

"Thank you"
Miles mumbled walking to the door but stops when Alec grabs his wrist making Miles flinch and panic at the sudden physical content.

Alec noticed and took his hand away,

"Do you even know where your first class is?"
Alec asked.

"I will figure it out"
Miles mumbled before quickly taking off.

Alec looked at his hand frowning at the feeling of electricity that wandered to his body when he touched Miles.

He shook his head bringing himself back to real life when he heard the first class's bell ring.

He walked to Biology tucking his hand in his black leather jacket's pockets.

He opened the door walking to the last seat where he always sits.

"Late again Mr.Beckett"
Mrs.Brown told him as she pushed her glasses up her nose bridge.

Alec just slid into his seat where the only empty seat in the class was next to him like it has always been, whenever someone tried to sit next to Alec they always end up on the floor so no one wants to try and sit there anymore.

The door opened once again but Alec didn't care enough to look up since he already had his head rested on the table and his headphones plugged in.

"You must be Miles Adair"
Mrs.Brown said to the boy earning a small nod from the fidgeting boy who avoided eye contact staring at the floor.

"You are late but I will let it pass this time because you are new"
She said earning a barely hearable thank you from Miles.

"You can go sit next to Alec"
She said and Miles's head snapped up at his name he scanned the room and saw the empty seat next to the black leather jacket boy.

Gasps and whispers were exchanged which made Miles more and more anxious with every step he took towards the seat, he sat down as his fingers turned white from how hard he was pinching them.

Alec frowned at the sudden weight on the chair he looked up with a hard glare but his features softened as soon as he saw the terrified trembling Miles who everyone's gazes were focused on.

Alec took his headphones off glaring at everyone who was looking making them turn around to whatever they were doing.

"Are you okay?"
Alec asked concerned about the panicking mess sitting next to him.

"I- um I'm okay"
He mumbled quietly trying to calm himself down.

"It's fine no one is going to take a step near you as long as I am here"
Alec said before he rested his forehead on the desk again after what happened earlier he knew Miles didn't like being touched so there was nothing he could do.

Miles felt that was kind of true because no one glanced back after the cold harsh glare he gave them, after a while Miles calmed down when he pulled his attention back to what the teacher was saying.

He took notes, unlike Alec who did nothing all he did was sleep.

The bell rang and Miles took it as an opportunity to escape so he left walking looking for his locker.

'104
105
106
107!'

He walked towards his locker and unlocked it emptying his heavy bag in the locker sighing in relief at the loss of weight on his shoulders, he took his Mathematics book closing the locker behind him.

"Miles!"
He heard someone call he slowly turned around coming face to face with Tatum.

"Have you seen Alec? Sorry if I scared you or anything we just need some backup"
Tatum asked with a smile.

"Um he was sleeping in the class when I left"
Miles said quietly earning a quick thank you from Tatum before she ran off.

"Milo"
Nia said putting her hand on his shoulder causing him to jump.

"What?"
He asked looking for the Mathematic class.

"What do you have now?"
She asked following him.

"Math"
He answered.

"Oh me too come on"
She said walking towards the math class while Miles followed her.

"Nia?"
He asked causing Nia to look back at him while she walked backward.

"Why was everyone gasping and whispering when I sat next to Alec?"
He asked causing Nia's eyes to widen.

"You sat where?"
She said surprised.

"Next to Alec...?"
He said unsure of her reaction.

"No one sits next to Alec whoever tries to ends up on the floor even me and Tatum"
She explained still surprised how Miles didn't get pushed off.