31. birthday boy

Welcome home, Spencer.

Spencer picked you up in his arms, squeezing you tightly in his embrace. " You are my home, y/n."

You felt your face become warm, and tears welled up in your eyes.

Spencer felt you grip the collar of his shirt, followed by a tear dripping down onto his collarbone. "Hey .. Hey! Don't cry. This is supposed to be a happy day."

"I- .. I'm sorry .. I just .. I'm so happy." You sniffled, your cheeks hurting from your wide smile.

Spencer chuckled softly, pulling himself away a little in order to wipe your tears. "Trust me, you aren't as happy as I am right now. It's practically impossible."

You rolled your eyes and placed a kiss on his cheek, hiccuping a little. "Whatever you say, mister." You glanced around at all of the boxes. "Now .. What do you say we put some things away? I don't want you to have to do any work on your birthday."

Spencer furrowed his brows. "How did you know my birthday's tomorrow? I never told you."

"I have my ways."

Spencer motioned for you to continue.

You nibbled on your bottom lip and continued. "..Just because we didn't celebrate it last year doesn't mean I forgot about it!"

"28 isn't a big deal." He mumbled, running his hand up and down the small of your back.

"It is! Every birthday of yours is important to me."

Spencer scrunched his nose and looked down at you. "I feel old."

"28 is definitely not old. Have you seen Rossi? Or Hotch? Literally anyone else in the office? We're the youngest agents there."

Spencer fixed his glasses and sighed in surrender. "Okay, that's one point made. Which boxes should I start out with?"

"Why don't we get those books over with?" You pointed at the pile of book-filled boxes, dreading the time it would take to organize them.

"Good plan."

You and Spencer spent about three hours on his large collection of books, unloading them from the boxes and placing them on the shelf in the order that Spencer had directed.

You flopped onto the couch as you finished your last box of books, sleepily watching Spencer finish his own.

"Done already? It's only 6:00."

"In the afternoon." You added, earning a tsk from Spencer.

"I know, smart ass. Should we order food so we can take a break when it gets here?"

"Yes. Very much yes." You moved on your hands and knees towards the side table next to the couch, and grabbed your landline phone. You dialed the number to the Chinese takeout restaurant down your street, and began placing the usual order you and Spencer would share.

You placed your hand over the speaker once the lady on the phone asked how many pairs of chopsticks you wanted. "Are you going to use the chopsticks, Spence?"

He scowled. "I will. Because I now know how to use them now." He waved a finger at you dramatically. "You'll see ."

You raised your eyebrows and uncovered the speaker. "Two pairs of chopsticks will be enough."

After placing the order, you moved on to unpacking his strange nicknacks- which mostly consisted of halloween themed things.

"I'm guessing you like halloween even more than you let on?" You held up a couple cute items he had neatly packed in the box.