28. sticky situation

Two weirdos in love. How good could it get?

Turns out, pretty good.

You peeled open your eyes to see a sleepy Spencer, slowly flipping through a book he had packed for the trip.

The warm orange sunlight contoured his body and face, making him look almost like a figment of your imagination. His glasses sat perched on his button nose, which he scrunched every so often when his glasses slid down. His fingers delicately grazed each page as if he was touching you- caressing your smooth skin.

His lips moved silently as he read, absorbing every detail of the book.

You could watch him read for hours.

"Good morning." Your voice was a little scratchy, so you cleared your throat.

Spencer snapped out of his reading daze, and looked over to you, a small smile appearing on his lips. Light illuminated his hazel eyes. "You're awake. I figured I would let you sleep in after last night."

You sheepishly smiled and a light blush rose to your cheeks. "Yeah.. Thanks for not waking me up. I haven't even stood up yet.. And I already know I won't be able to stay standing in the shower."

Spencer softly flipped his book closed, and placed it on the nightstand beside him. "I love you, but I'm not sorry about that."

You rolled your eyes and yawned, pulling the covers over your head. Butterflies returned to your stomach as you revisited the memory of last night.

"I don't regret a single second of last night.. Except maybe that one part about me begging you to take away my ability to stand."

Spencer's voice was clear in contrast to your muffled voice. "I like when you beg." You could practically hear the amusement dripping from his words.

"It's not like I'm your pet." You joked, peeking your eyes out from under the blankets.

"You are wearing a collar, though."

You furrowed your brows, and realized that he meant the thin silver necklace that he had given to you at the airport. The necklace that was currently resting on your neck.

His lips curled into a smirk upon your realization.

"...Whatever. What time is it?"

Spencer pulled his phone out of his sweatpants pocket and checked the time. "It's 10:30."

"Only 10:30? It feels later."

He took a moment to scroll through his notifications, then replied. "I guess so."

You propped yourself on an elbow, continuing to lay on your side. "Oh, when is the boat leaving again?"

"Boat?"

Fucking fuckity fuck. Of course out of everything Spencer knows, he forgets about the snorkeling trip.

"For snorkeling. We're going with the whole team. You didn't forget, right?"

"Shit. Morgan said.. He said 11:00, right?" Spencer checked his text messages with Derek, swiping through several conversations.

You groaned and pulled the covers off of your body, stumbling out of bed. "I-I don't know! That's why I asked you!"

"Alright, alright! Let's just get ready!" Spencer raised his voice, tossing his phone on the bed.

You tried your best to get the proper balance back in your legs as you quickly changed into one of your bikinis. Your muscles were sore, but you could stand. You dreaded the thought of having to swim against a current with such aching muscles.