36. bring her to vegas

"I want you to meet my mom."

"Are- Are you serious?" You felt tears brim your eyes. You knew how much his mom meant to him, and he wouldn't do such a thing with just any girl.

"I'm completely serious. Do you see any joking-ness on my face?" Spencer saw your bottom lip quiver, and he rushed out of his seat, pulling you into his arms. "Y/n, don't cry! Why are you crying?"

You leaned into him, your tears soaking the shoulder of his shirt. "Spencer Reid.. I love you so much."

You were going to meet his mom.

He thought you were special enough to meet his mom.

"I love you too, y/n... But please don't cry! You're going to make me cry. Seriously." He spoke into your hair, caressing your back softly.

You sniffled and attempted to compose yourself. "Alright, okay.. I'm.. I'm good." You dragged the knuckles of your pointer fingers underneath your eyes to wipe your tears. "When are we leaving?"

Spencer pulled away a little and took his phone out of his pocket. "In an hour."

"I only get an hour's notice before I meet her? Thanks Spence." Your eyebrows furrowed in worry, and he grasped your chin with his thumb and forefinger.

"Hey. You'll be fine. You are so charming, y/n. If I fell in love the moment I met you, she will definitely love you." His hazel eyes searched yours, his pupils expanding as you smiled.

"Okay. We should get our things together, then." You reached out to the table to grab your purse, but paused. "Wait, is the rest of the team already gone?"

Spencer straightened his back as he stood, and nodded. "They left a couple hours ago."

You scowled, adjusting your purse strap on your shoulder. "Does this... Does this mean what I think it-"

You were interrupted by this goofy genius far too many times to count.

"Road trip!" Spencer cheered, taking one of your hands and spinning you in a circle. You couldn't help but laugh at him spinning you into his arms.

Three hours.. Maybe even four. Depending on traffic.

Several hours of Spencer singing off-key to your road trip playlist. What else could a woman ask for?

Maybe a couple million dollars.

You and Spencer ended up taking one of the suburbans that the team usually used on the field.

"So, you're driving this time.. Right?"

Spencer narrowed his brows at your question, which made you grit your teeth.

"Spencer.... I'll put you on a time-out if you keep forcing me to drive you everywhere."

"Excus-on -on what now?!" He acknowledged your sultry motion to your crotch, and ran a hand down his face, grumbling. "I.. You.....F-fine."

You chuckled at his reaction and shoved the keys into his hands as he opened them hesitantly. "That's what I thought."

After stopping at a cvs and grabbing random driving snacks, you were on the road to the Bennington Sanitarium.

Since you were now in the blessed passenger's seat, you had complete control of the aux, which.. You kind of had control of regardless. You weren't trying to listen to Mozart for several hours.

You racked your brain for a fresh conversation topic that didn't involve Spencer's mother, but you could help yourself. "So.. When did you tell your mom about me?"