[𝟐] 𝐖𝐢𝐥𝐝𝐟𝐢𝐫𝐞

Slamming the front door, I discard my backpack somewhere in the living room

Slamming the front door, I discard my backpack somewhere in the living room. I check the time just as my stomach roars lightly with hunger. I quickly make myself a small plain salad. After placing my food down on the island counter, I grab my journal and a pen from my backpack.

I take a seat on a barstool and quickly jot down what I'm eating.

2 pm

lunch-

small salad, plain

2 cups of water

The two cups of water were a last-minute decision. I quickly eat and grab a bigger bowl, serving myself more salad, and finishing the last of my water. When I finish washing my plate, the doorbell rings, and I quickly drizzle dressing over my salad before mixing it and putting away the dressing.

"Coming!" I call, shoving my journal in my bag and zipping it up, chucking it near the stairs. I jog to the door and open it to find Ray with takeout in hand. I groan.

Not now, Ray.

"Dude, I just ate." She laughs, handing me a bag. I take it and instantly regret it as the smell of Chinese food fills my nostrils. "Chinese?" I ask, trying to seem unaffected.

"Yes, sir." She smiles. "Come on."

I'll just have a little bit.

"Fine, but if I get fat, it's your fault." I giggle. She rolls her eyes.

"You've been losing hella weight; you look great actually. It's just a little cheat day."

"Yeah, whatever." I roll my eyes. But I'm secretly happy she noticed I've thinned out a bit.

A bit?

Soon I'm laughing and stuffing my mouth with everything in front of me while Ray does the same. For a moment, the thoughts go away. Suddenly, I'm not fat or disgusting for eating something I wanted to eat.

It's going away. I smile.

Ray grins at me. "You sure look happy."

"Just glad I get to spend time with my big sister." I chuckle, standing and grabbing the dishes I used.

"Ew, that was way sweet." She grimaces playfully as she nudges me and took my dishes, tossing them in the sink.

"Me, sweet? Never." I say dramatically, and she giggles, kissing my head.

"I'm going to go to a party. Wanna come?" She asks me. I smile wider. My sister used to hate the idea of popularity and parties and all that. It used to be more of my scene rather than hers.

After mom left, she got more popular, and I lost my popularity due to me distancing myself from everyone, including Ray and dad at the time.

"Nah, I'm just gonna-"