[𝟏𝟗] 𝐈'𝐝 𝐒𝐡𝐨𝐰 𝐘𝐨𝐮

Annie's been on a happy high since I told her my

Annie's been on a happy high since I told her my... plan. I think it's actually quite stupid and her parents are gonna think she's insane but she's happy right now and that's all that matters to me.

"When did you guys start hanging out? I thought you like died, Grace, I didn't see you for forever, no one was poking fun at you either." I nod, clearing my throat and taking a sip of Sam's drink.

"Uh, I was living in Florida with my aunt and cousin," I tell Kyle, taking Sam's hand in mine. "I needed a break from this place."

"Sam was getting on your nerves, wasn't he?"

I smirk, turning to Sam. "Yeah he was, he gets too emotional for me sometimes."

Sam shoots me the dirtiest look possible before continuing to do whatever the hell he's doing. He slipped his fingers under the rips of my jeans and has been rubbing small circles on my thigh. Not that I'm complaining, it's comforting.

"How long have you guys been dating?" A boy named Ian asks. I gulp, turning to Sam.

He turns to me, smiling. That's when I notice the look he's been missing all this time. The way he looked at me like I was his world before I left had gone and ran out of pigment in his caramel eyes. I could see it was coming back but it still hurt that the adoration had worn over time.

I get it though, I was gone, we didn't hang out every day like we used to and I think my adoration for him wore too. Now, I know mines back, and I know his is getting there. But I have this feeling that it's going to disappear soon. It the same feeling I had when I first got to the clinic. I didn't understand the feeling then but I do now.

"Just a few days actually," Sam said, his fingers slipping out of my jean rips and interlocking with mine. I flash him a quick grateful smile. At first, I think that he says that to avoid other questions but I change my mind as I think back to when I got home.

I got home a few days ago and when I got to the house, we kissed in his car so... does he think we're dating? I don't mind if he does, I want to date him. I'd love to have the privilege to call him mine. But sometimes it's not always that simple

And because I know nothing's ever simple with us, I also am aware of the fact this dating thing is going to be tough. Especially to talk about.

The boys continue talking but I drown them out, leaning my head on Sam's shoulder. I'm having fun, I guess, I like hanging out with his friends and I like how comfortable they are with each other. The feeling of wanting to do more rushes through me but I ignore it, not feeling up for anything anymore.

Great, now I've gone and went into depressing mode.

"I think we're gonna head back now, it's past Grace's bedtime." Sam's voice makes its way to my ears and I can't express how happy I am to hear them.

"Like she has a curfew or an actual bedtime?" One of the boys asks Sam. Sam slips off his jacket, draping it over my shoulders as he wraps an arm around me. Sam kisses my hair, playing with a piece near where he has his arm settled.