[𝟗] 𝐌𝐬. 𝐏𝐞𝐫𝐟𝐞𝐜𝐭

The first thing I saw when I walked into school was Grace and Sam leaning against Grace's locker and nudging each other. They were all touchy-touchy and comfy with each other; it just made my blood boil. He was supposed to be mine, not hers.

She looked happier than usual and for some reason, it just made me all that much madder. The way her shoulders weren't slumping and the way she didn't look so nervous anymore. I hated it. I hated her.

And I needed Sam to hate her too, or at least convince him to, even for a second. I walked over to them, pushing them apart and standing between the two. "Hey hey, how y'all doin'?"

Grace smiled, giving me a side hug and it took everything in me not to push her away. "We were talking about what we want to get to eat after school."

"Grace wants McDonald's. Again. But I vote just eating at home." He piped up. I gave Grace a look.

"Sweetheart, I don't think that's good for you, you've been putting on some weight lately and maybe it's best you-"

"Actually, I think I could go for some McDonald's," Sam interjected. I shook my head disapprovingly and patted his shoulder.

"This is a girl thing, Sammy. You wouldn't get it." I turned back to Grace, taking hold of her shoulders. "You should try this new diet, Gracie. It'd do great for your figure. Remember when you couldn't fit into your homecoming dress? Problem solved with the diet."

"I lost a lot of weight over the-" She started weakly, almost looking sad with her head low.

"Yeah, right." I rolled my eyes and wrack my fingers through my hair. "You know I did too and you're just being a copycat. But it's alright, Gracie, I'll still help you. See with the diet-"

"She doesn't need a fucking diet, Lily," Sam growled, when he reached for Grace's hand she turned away from him and ran towards the bathroom. Sam's blue eyes-

Or were they green? or were the-

His eyes darkened. The guy looked like he could throw right into the wall and bash my face in.

"I didn't mean to-"

"Just shut up." He growled once more. I patter his shoulder, turning for the bathrooms.

"I'll talk to her, Sam. I'll apologize and then you can talk to her." I didn't wait for Sam to respond, I just pushed my way into the bathroom where I heard low sobbing.

"Grace?" I called softly. Sniffle.

"I need a second."

"Oh, hurry it up in there."

After a few more moments, she came out of the bathroom, wiping at her eyes with the back of her small hand.

"Grace, let's get right to the point-"

"Enough with your points. Do you want to make me feel bad Lily? You've made me feel bad for three fucking years." Her voice was deep with hurt as her voice picked up, nearly sending a shiver down my spine. "You told me to chill it with the eating? I did! I weigh almost 40 pounds underweight, Lily!"

"And? You should be-"

"Happy? Happy that I barely ate for almost five months because of you? I tried forgiving you, I hung out with you no matter how uncomfortable you made me. You know how hard that is?"

"Just because your fat ass got tired of carrying all that weight and you decided to starve yourself, you think that'll make me feel sad for you? Grow up, Grace! How fucking old are you, again?"

"You wouldn't know, Lily! Ms. Perfect everything-"

"Ms. Perfect? Ms. Perfect? At least your parents are together! And at least your mom came back!" I yelled.

"Yes! Ms. Perfect..." She trailed off, her brows knitting together as she gave me a look, like I'd just grown two huge ass heads.

"What?" I snapped.

"What do you mean my mom came back?" She asked.

My shoulders fell. "She got back yesterday, she stopped by my house. She was looking for you."

Grace shook her head. She seriously didn't believe me. Before I could try to convince her, she pushed past me and left the bathroom, leaving me wondering...

Why the hell did no one tell her?

At this point, the whole town knew Mrs. Rieder and her son were back.