[𝟏𝟓] 𝐒𝐮𝐫𝐞 𝐇𝐞 𝐃𝐨𝐞𝐬

a year later

a year later

It's been a year since I was signed into the clinic. I expected this whole thing to be better. I was looking forward to seeing Sam and Annie, Tahlia, Kayden. But a month without seeing anyone other than my dad, I got curious why no one came to see me.

Turns out mom told them that no one other than family was allowed to visit me. And to make matters worse, she told them that it was per my request. Which it obviously wasn't seeing as I was pretty much depressed until I made friends here.

Chloe and Elliana are insane. When I told my dad about what crackheads they are, he gave me the weirdest look. And then I had to explain to him how they were both pretty much almost as mentally unstable as my mom.

The whole time I was signed into the clinic, my parents were going through a divorce. I honestly thought she'd come around, she'd screw up that much more.

Even after the divorce, she was still in control of what happened to me when I was in the clinic. I hated it, the food she knew I didn't like was served to me at her request every day.

I wasn't there very long actually. Sam had helped me get rid of the worst of my habits so it was more about me gaining the weight back and killing off the rest of the habits that could ultimately kill me.

After I was released, I wasn't allowed to go home and I didn't have a phone. Mom had taken it from the women who took it from me when I was first checked into the clinic.

I got sent to live with my aunt Uzmine in Florida. My cousin, Aslan, was also living there so it was nice catching up with her.

Now, here I am at the airport. Now, I'm in my junior year and Sam's in his senior year. It disappointed me whenever I thought about him having a girlfriend. I don't think he does but if he does, she wouldn't have much competition.

At the clinic, I wasn't allowed to dye my hair so now my highlights were gone and my naturally brown hair came to the light. I like my hair better this way honestly. It makes me feel like I've started a new chapter of my life. Which, in a sense, I have.

My aunt told me that since the last time she'd seen me, I was a lot more glowy and happy looking. I felt pretty much the same except for how my body didn't feel as light. I was only ten pounds less than two Christmas' ago. But I hardly ever brought that up with myself, as much as I'd love to say all the urges and feelings are gone, they're not. They've gotten a lot better but that doesn't mean they've completely gone away.

Anyways, here I am waiting for Ray to come to pick me up, Aslan standing next to me nervously. Dad was supposed to pick us up but he backed out because of work.

"Are you sure me coming was a good idea? What if Connor-"

"Shut up with that, Azzy, he'll be fine. He worships you, he's not going to do anything while you're gone. Plus, he knows I'd beat his ass if he did." I grin. She bites her lip, holding back a smile as she nudges me.