[𝟏𝟔] 𝐇𝐨𝐭 𝐓𝐰𝐢𝐧

When we walk into Grace's house, my mom's in the kitchen, still cooking like she was when I left

When we walk into Grace's house, my mom's in the kitchen, still cooking like she was when I left. Aslan's chilling with Ray's dog and Mr. Rieder is yelling at Ray and Aslan to get the dog off the couch.

Spencer and Mads are upstairs playing video games, well, they were but when we walk in, they're coming down the stairs, fake pushing each other.

Grace is bobbing her head next to me, still singing the song from the car but it sounds more like a hum.

I let go of Grace's hand and round the counter, placing my keys on the counter and kissing my mom on the cheek.

"Don't think I didn't see that little thing you two pulled in the car from here." She nudges me. I clear my throat, patting her back.

"What car?"

"Whatcha making, Sammy's mom?" Grace asks, waddling over to us like a penguin. My mom pulls Grace's head close, placing a kiss on her forehead.

"Just some noodles with sauteed mushrooms. I saute the mushrooms in ginger." She smiles a motherly smile. "You like them like that, don't you?"

Grace flashes a smile, looking down at the food. "Yeah. It's my favorite, actually.

She passes a nod of appreciation and approval. That's the first thing we found out she was actually okay with eating when I was helping her try to get better.

Cringing, she cover my mouth, looking down. She looks like she's having one of those moments where you cringe at yourself because you remembered you wrote a love letter to your fifth-grade crush but then reminded yourself you gave it to the wrong girl who ended up having a crush on you for at least a year.

Was I the only person that experienced that??

🥥🥥

"Grace."

Poke.

"Graaaacceee."

Poke.

"Gracieeeee."

Poke, poke, poke.

"Gra-"

"STOP, I'M A-FREAKING-WAKE!" She yells groggily, shoving her face into her pillow. I'm currently sitting on top of her, trying to wake her up for school. She's been so excited to start school yet now she can't be bothered to wake up.

We're already halfway through the school year but some junior like died or something so now there's a spot open for Grace.

"I'll throw cold water on you." I threaten, flipping her so she's looking up at me and I'm straddling her waist.

"Anyone ever tell you how freaking heavy you are?" She asks rhetorically.

"Just my mom when I was seven." I shrug.