[𝟑𝟐] 𝐒𝐨𝐫𝐫𝐲 𝐅𝐨𝐫 𝐓𝐞𝐥𝐥𝐢𝐧𝐠 𝐘𝐨𝐮

I'm woken up by the sound of a phone ringing, which isn't exactly the most pleasant thing when I'd just barely fallen asleep maybe an hour ago

I had a late shift, and on top of that, I'd barely slept the day before, since I was studying for hours. Of course, I don't care as much as Sam does but that's because doing all of this is going to get me where I want to go.

I don't even know where I want to go in life.

"Sam, turn off your phone." I shove him, groaning as I shift around in my bed.

He shoves me, pulling my blanket towards himself, leaving me for the frigid air. "My phone's in the fgsjhdkja."

He mumbles that last part, leaving me confused. But nonetheless, I reach over him in search of my phone. He pulls me down to him, earning an oomph from me.

"Samuel, I swear to god."

"Mhm." He wraps his arms around me tightly, holding me to him. The ringing finally comes to a stop. "Fank gojhdfs."

The peace is short-lived though because not even a minute later, my phone starts ringing again. Sam lets out the loudest groan known to man as he grabs my phone, answering and pressing it to his ear without so much as checking who the sleep disturber is.

"Hello?" He says, his voice deep and gravelly with sleep. I was wrong. Really really wrong. He can get hotter.

Dear god.

Sam looks down at me and I poke his double chin.

"Stop it." He smacks my hand away before saying, "Yeah, she's right here."

Who is it?

He presses the mute button before putting the caller on speaker so I too can hear what they're saying.

"Hey, Grace. You there, bud?" It's my dad. Sam unmutes and gives me a look, like telling me to speak to my father.

"Uh, yeah..." I let my eyes meet Sam's as I roll off of him and sit up, taking my phone from his hand. "What's up?"

"Hi, baby. Er... I have a question."

"At four in the morning?" I ask. I'm half-joking but, seriously, man? If there's one thing everyone knows about me is that I hate when my sleep gets interrupted. I didn't sleep my ass off for half of high school the way I'd planned because Bertha took over. So now, I'm going to sleep my ass off. Mainly because now I have a little more freedom.

"Yeah, sorry about that. I had a question about your mom, Grace. Your mom mom."

❛❜

"What'd he mean your mom mom?" He asks calmly, folding a pair of his pants and passing them to me to put into our luggage.