[𝟏𝟎] 𝐏𝐢𝐧𝐤𝐲 𝐏𝐫𝐨𝐦𝐢𝐬𝐞

If you asked how I was to describe how I felt, I'd ignore you and keep walking over to Sam

If you asked how I was to describe how I felt, I'd ignore you and keep walking over to Sam. I didn't understand. I knew for a fact he knew my mom was back home. Why else wouldn't he have let me leave his house? Maybe he did want me to stay, but this was Sam. He'd never wanted me to stay.

And I should have known that from the beginning.

My eyes were starting to sting and no matter how hard I tried, I couldn't swallow the enormous lump in my throat. But I didn't stop walking towards him, even when the tears came like a branch had moved out of the way and the waterfall had a seemingly endless supply of water coming down the ledge.

When I finally reached him, I was trembling and I could barely see him in front of me. His face twisted into a concerned look and he reached for my shoulder.

I swatted his hand away, licking my lips, and ready to speak. My lips were salty and when I tried to speak, my lips wouldn't separate to let the words through. So I stood there. A speechless, shaking mess.

His lips parted to speak but when they started moving, I couldn't hear a single thing but my own thoughts. All of them were fighting each other to the back of my throat. And finally, one of them beat the rest.

"You should have just told me." My voice a whisper, I turned away from him. I would have tried to lift my arm to wipe away the tears but my body, no matter how much sleep I'd gotten, had suddenly become motionless. My only limbs properly working were my legs, but even they were struggling to keep me up.

Footsteps came from behind me but I blocked them out. If it wasn't Sam it was a security guard.

The sobs began to make my throat dry and suddenly I felt the urge to scream. To scream at the world for all its fucking punches. Sometimes I wish there was such thing as sick leave but for life. Because, boy, was I sick of this shit.

"Grace!" A girl called. I, again, ignored it. I didn't know where my feet were taking me but I had no intention of stopping them. "Grace, come on, just stop for a second!"

I came to a stop but didn't bother turning around. She circled around me and before I knew it, she was in front of me.

"Annie?" I croaked. She nodded, smiling sadly before pulling me into a hug. I didn't know this girl much. Or like... at all. But I did know she had impeccable timing.

"What happened? I heard you in the bathroom and..." She trailed off and I felt her head bob up to look at or something. Or rather someone. "He's coming."

I knew who she'd meant. But yet again, I ignored it. I ignored him. Everyone always told me ignoring my problems would never fix anything. Yet, everything seemed a lot better when I did ignore them. So I was just hoping that me ignoring my problem this time around would fix something.

"I'll be back." She whispered, pulling away and walking away towards him. They talked back and forth for a few moments before a low slap was heard from behind me. And for some reason, it just made me cry harder. She slapped him.