[𝟏𝟑] 𝐂𝐨𝐟𝐟𝐢𝐧

Annie settles her hand on my knee, causing it to stop bouncing up and down

Annie settles her hand on my knee, causing it to stop bouncing up and down. My leg's been at it for a good ten minutes now but every time I try to stop it, it starts back up like it has a broken off switch.

Annie the miracle worker everyone. Let's give her a round of applause.

No? Sorry, Annie, they don't love you.

"It'll be okay, it hasn't even been that long since you saw your mom, has it?"

I shrugged, fiddling with the hem of my shirt. "I don't know, it's been almost a year-ish. She ran out right after Spencer went missing."

And why the hell was I even going home? Because Sam summoned me there?

Yes.

No, stop it.

But seriously, why can't I just be freaking mad at him without it completely backfiring on me? This whole... crush thing is seriously not working out for me.

Mkay, Sam, can I have my fucking heart back now?

No?

K, well, may I rest in peace.

Coffin, here I come.

"I've been meaning to ask you something about him actually." With this, she gains my undivided attention. Anything to do with my brother has always been interesting to me. Especially after... ya' know.

"What about him?" I ask. I'm not really all that curious because something tells me she's not actually going to go through with telling me. I guess it's just easy to tell when Annie's gonna wuss out.

Sorry, Annie.

"You remember the other day when I went to go get you water after you got out of the shower?" I nod. "My dad was watching the news and... well, I-"

"You what?" I demand. I have no idea where she's going with this but-

"I saw a guy on TV and he's allegedly been kidnapping kids our age for years and it just reminded me of your brother."

-but she's not going anywhere with it.

She clears her throat, turning into my driveway.

"Oh," I say, shrugging. I have a feeling she's not telling me everything but I'm too tired to care or even-

"GraCiE!" Sam bangs on my window. He pulls open my door and then he pulls me out and into his arms. "Help, please help, I'm going fucking crazy."

He just figured this out? Damn, he's slow.

I pull away, cupping his face and searching his eyes. I don't know what the hell is going on but I do know that he's scared. "What happened?"

He squishes my cheeks together, leaning in. "I saw my fucking sister."