[𝟓] 𝐄𝐱𝐩𝐞𝐫𝐢𝐞𝐧𝐜𝐞

Be thankful for everything that happens in your life; it's all an experience

Be thankful for everything that happens in your life; it's all an experience. My mom told me that quite frequently when I was younger, and it's obviously stuck with me. Because of those words, I try my best to always forgive those around me if they've done something wrong to me.

But of course, there come moments when that's just too difficult. In those difficult moments, I like to take time away from whoever has done me wrong. But sometimes, some people don't understand that and beg and beg for forgiveness when in the beginning, they shouldn't have done what they did at all.

Take Sam Winters for example. He hasn't left my side in over three weeks, begging for forgiveness. I haven't spoken a word to him and don't plan to until he finally leaves me alone. He's never been one to take a hint, so I thought a little push would help him with that.

No, actually, I pushed him. We were walking to our first period and he was hot on my trail, even though the Juniors' classes are on the other side of the school.

"Grace." He whined, poking at my shoulder for possibly the twelfth time in the last twenty-five seconds. At this point in the day, I'd usually have a knife in hand, ready to chop off his goddamn finger. But not today, it was the last day before spring break and it had to be a good day. Meaning-

I shoved Sam hard in the chest, slapping his forehead as I stuck a sticky note to it, speed walking down the hall and into my classroom.

The note read,

Leave me alone before I cut off your ears and feed them to Mrs. Carleins' dog so you know how it feels

Sam's terrified of Mrs. Carleins' dog, Harper. Harper's a sweetheart but she's super sensitive to men's cologne because Mrs. Carlein's ex-boyfriend used to hit them both. I consider the story one of the saddest ones I know. But she's happily married with two beautiful little girls now, so all is good.

Anyways, it got rid of him. He left me alone and right when I was ready to forgive him, he came back like the lost puppy he is.

So, fast-forward to today, four days of spring break left. Today would usually be when me and all my friends went down to the pier and I'd watch them swim all day but I don't have friends anymore so here I am,

Tapping my foot against the tiled kitchen floor, deciding whether or not I'm going to stick to my promise to my self about getting better.

I reach for the tub of ice cream and place it on the counter, shutting the freezer. It may not seem to be a big deal but my hands are shaking so much I almost drop the tub of ice cream. Twice.

The drawer holding the spoons slides open and Ray grabs both of us spoons.

When did she-

She shovels a spoon into the ice cream, bringing it back, making an odd noise with her mouth as she brings the spoon towards my lips. I roll my eyes and open my mouth.